• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Newly Diagnosed & Looking For Community Of People Who Know What It’s Like To Feel Uncomfortable In One’s Own Skin

tavaresj2019

New Here
Hi. I'm Jose. I finally got help because I was suffering in silence. I'm 35 years old. I feel sad and I feel ashamed. It feels like it's all my fault. I go through panic attacks, nightmares, reliving traumatic events, feeling hypervigilant, afraid in my own bed in the middle of the night. I dedicated my life to serving my country. I don't regret it at all. I've just been through so much for so long that I have to acknowledge the toll life has taken on my mental and physical health. I'm looking for community and to speak with people who know what it feels like to feel so uncomfortable in one's own skin. It's lonely.

Welcome!

yep - did the military thing too - and it messed me up, though it took a few decades to catch up with me. ☺️
This forum is amazing - it's filled with people who can reassure you that what you are feeling is totally normal. It sucks but it's normal. And ya, ptsd can feel so very lonely - it's nice to have people who get it

Back