Nightmare

QuirkyLady22

New Here
I know I’m really stressed when I start having nightmares again. My BF had to wake me up twice last night. Someone was trying to kill me. They were hurting me. Scaring me. I was offering them money to stop.

Then I thought I saw my cat and started saying “kitty kitty” in a little kids voice in the dream. I thought I was saying it out loud but I guess I was just making loud noises. Either way saying that seemed to shift things.

IWhen I am alone my cat wakes me from bad deans by meowing in my face until I wake up. I felt like “kitty kitty” was the safe word for wake up.

Defaultxlove

MyPTSD Pro
Im sorry you're having nightmares again. I hate when that happens. I dread waiting until I feel better but that's not really healthy. It happens but Im trying now to accept and hit refresh and manage physical symptoms until they pass. Still sucks tho.

I think you're right about the safe word.
Take care

MrMoonlight

MyPTSD Pro
Sorry about the nightmares...i struggle with them too. My psychiatrist prescribed a med called Prazosin...its a anti nightmare medication that really works well for me. If things get bad enough maybe you could speak to your Dr about trying it. Hope you feel better.

QuirkyLady22

New Here
More nightmares tonight and waking up sweating. I’m on the couch now trying to cool off. They weren’t even bad nightmares but something was so scary.

I was avoiding a room with scary breathing tiptoeing to my room. I thought it was my partner in our bed when I got there but maybe not. Started saying “Help”.

Freddyt

MyPTSD Pro
First off first off - - You have to learn grounding. Its simple. ex: I am in my house. My cat is sleeping on my lap. I am safe. Use it when you wake up. If you have nightmares regularly make a space on or near the couch - a couple blankets a pillow. Get rid of the sweaty whatever - change if needed. Make a little nest and start your stress reduction stuff.
If you haven't already go to Articles on the big blue bar a the top and read the Stress Cup article. Learning to do stress reduction almost by habit will help with everything.
If you make it a thing, I would bet you will fall asleep or at least get some good rest after a nightmare.

Are you in therapy?