• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

No therapy - Received phone call to say all therapy support has been withdrawn until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can post threads and use the different forums but also using the chat forum can be very good for venting and getting immediate support. I did a level one counselling course that I found really helpfull. ?

Last edited:
Hi @Taz . My therapy too was cancelled. Left out in the wilderness! It's not easy. I was offered video and telephone sessions but declined at the moment as it's not the same. Hope you can get through this difficult time. All the best to you S3.
Thank

Hi Taz,

Glad you found us and came to tell us. :)

Can I ask what does the therapy help you most with, what do you need?

I get things are quite scary right now.
But you are not alone :hug:
You will be okay, even if things are scary now.
Hi Ronin thanks for your reply and support
My sessions were a kind of safety net with a grounding effect I know that probably wont make any sense I just feel alone abandoned in the dark

I hope you manage ok

Makes a lot of sense, Taz.

The dark might need a flashlight? Or something to distract from the dark, because shadows ain't that scary even if alone when one can look at them and tell 'em they are just big and mean but will be gone by morning for sure...

Trauma is like that a lot.
What happened & people did so on replay and maddening, but all that hard times difficulty is just shadows that you will see through and that will lessen if not totally leave.

You said your therapist was taking good care of you - maybe you can try some things like the T did to take care of you too...?

Like think of how it feels in session, and how else can you bring those feelings to your life.

Do you mind if I ask where your trauma comes from?
Started at school where overthree years i was bullied 8 hours a day on one occasion i was kidnapped beaten and robbed near death situations during the bullying later I served in the military with all that goes with it

Makes a lot of sense, Taz.

The dark might need a flashlight? Or something to distract from the dark, because shadows ain't that scary even if alone when one can look at them and tell 'em they are just big and mean but will be gone by morning for sure...

Trauma is like that a lot.
What happened & people did so on replay and maddening, but all that hard times difficulty is just shadows that you will see through and that will lessen if not totally leave.

You said your therapist was taking good care of you - maybe you can try some things like the T did to take care of you too...?

Like think of how it feels in session, and how else can you bring those feelings to your life.
Wise words

Ah okay - so a lot of physical trauma and brutality and rawness in your life...

What usually helps you settle things up, or feel life *can* be peaceful, joyful, not a strife / fight / something that needs be secured and protected or else?

Or: moments of peace, and collecting them up :sneaky: When nothing needs action, either not immediate or not any action at all.

Do you mind if I ask where your trauma comes from?
Started at school where overthree years i was bullied 8 hours a day on one occasion i was kidnapped beaten and robbed near death situations during the bullying later I served in the military with all that goes with it
Thanks for sharing @Taz that's tough. Sorry you went through all of that. I went through alot of bullying and humiliation aswell. I had a abusive and violent alcoholic dad. Was beaten by gangs twice with metal bars. ( nearly died). Keep sharing. People will help you here.

Ah okay - so a lot of physical trauma and brutality and rawness in your life...

What usually helps you settle things up, or feel life *can* be peaceful, joyful, not a strife / fight / something that needs be secured and protected or else?

Or: moments of peace, and collecting them up :sneaky: When nothing needs action, either not immediate or not any action at all.
Because I've stupidly waited 40years before asking for help I was only diagnosed 18months ago with C-PTSD I haven't as yet found my peaceful good place i seem to be in constant turmoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back