• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not A Very Happy Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid_Shadow

Confident
Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted something but a lot has happened and I really need to get it off my chest. Yesterday I was hanging out alone with my step dad because my mom and sister were out of town for the night. Everything was ok we had big plans for thanksgiving but everything fell apart today. My mom and my step dad are fighting and on the verge of breaking up. Thanksgiving is a day where everyone is supposed to be thankful for what they have. My world is crumbling now...what can I be thankful for? I have a family thats falling apart. On top of it all I attempted suicide again a few weeks ago. I don't know how to feel anymore. I feel empty. Useless..unable to do a thing as I watch my family fall apart. I don't know what to do...please help...

I think the first thing would be to find yourself a therapist if you haven't got one. Please don't take this to be condescending but you sound pretty young? Forgive me if I am wrong. There's a lot of help available if you go through your school or college. Even if nobody on campus can help, someone will be able to refer you onto appropriate help. I'd also gently talk to your parents. Just ask them if your fears about them splitting up are accurate. They may reassure you it's just a phase or you being brave enough to bring it up will encourage them to fix it or find help for their marriage. I think it sounds like all of you need a little TLC (maybe your parents need a little therapy too?) and instead of pulling together, you are pulling apart. It is fixable though hunny, ALL marriages go through phases of "being on the verge of a break up" it is normal and doesn't necessarily spell the end but it is a horrible situation to be in as your family is your world and you need stability and reassurance right now.

Thinking of you and sending safe hugs

Me xx

If you consider 23 young then I guess I am. This isn't the first time things have gotten this bad and all I can do is watch as everything falls apart. I'm drained, I'm really drained from all this.

Take space from them. It's hard to watch parents fall apart. The best thing you can do for them is to take care of you.

Do you have any friends you can contact and make backup holiday plans with?

I guess.
No, I'll probably just hang out with my sister when she gets back home. Most of my friends are in my old town so I don't see them as much as I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back