• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not Doin So Hot - Anxiety Flareing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger2_75

Confident
I'm not doin' so well tonight. (it's 23:13 local time) everything is agrevating me and it's all i can do to not to blow up! and i meen about anything. i just need to talk to someone who understands. the wife tries, i'm not to sure my step daughter cares. so any one who just wants to rambleor will let me, i'm on .

Hi Ranger, would it help if you could write down what it is exactly that''s buggingyou...if it's not too overwhelming?

Ranger, if you want to step past the male, and military pride I know is holding you back (as I too as a male and veteran have it), lets poke around what is making you angry. Anger is not an emotion, its an emotional response. Finding the problems and emotions within those problems, is the core to the anger. If you want to list what is on your mind, then we can pull those apart a bit, look at how to get you emotionally reasoning with yourself, and this can help a great deal with anger management. Most of anger is caused by frustration, though often other emotions are in there also.

Mate, this may sound like touch feely shit, but it works... it really does. I am not sure how you are with emotions, hence why are say step past male and military pride in being 10ft tall and bullet proof, because this is exactly what I had to do in order to solve my anger problems. When presented with this, I initially thought to myself, "your talking to the wrong person, as I am not about emotions", but I listened and it was actually the solution I had been looking for. This isn't about changing you, this is about a method for you that helps to find the cause of anger.

If you have a look in anger management and read [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread12.html[/DLMURL] and [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread63.html[/DLMURL], you will get a better understanding off what is going on within you, why you feel as though your going to blow your stack, and how to solve this issue once and for all.

Last edited:
thanks for youre input and "ears" i guess i just needed to vent
any way thanx. i have just been extreemly frustrated, i dont
know if the pain is winning or the ptsd is winning or i am.

ranger,
as long as you are making progress(even the smallest amount of progress) you are winning... that's just my opinion. If you need someone to talk to, you can send me a private message here... even if you just need someone to listen to you vent... I'm here.
hang in there!!

beatle bailey

Ranger
I was thinking an than I read what Anthony told you above ,,
And I realize he is so right ,, I forgot what all those years were like trying to hang on till I got help ,, you know It was another vet that told my it was OK to cry ,,, even that took a few more years ,,, But I didn't have the proper help ,, you may find hear,, what I DO KNOW IT IS HARD AND PAINFUL BUT TO TALK ABOUT EVERY THING GETTING RID OF EVERY SECRET GIVE YOU BACK YOUR LIVE ,, I have made peace with the demon within ,,
I help people today ,,, I was bringing AA to prizon , couse I've bin there ,,
and a young Ranger came up to me and asked how long i took to come down,
I tryed to steer him in the right direction but lost track of him ,,
I wish you well 3 years in to helping myself ,, I was vigaressly invited to a fight ,, I didn't atend for the first time 20 yrs ,,,I walked away
and felt good about it ,,
helping others helps you ,,
your doing it here Link Removed Beatle

Many a military person losing track I think beatle. Friends of mine who I deployed with, who also have PTSD, only one of them has actively tried helping himself to get past the symptoms, the rest are nearly dead, one even died and had to be brought back, because his sheer arrogance, male and military pride stop him from talking about what he feels, stops him from asking for help. He has had his heart opened up and bypassed so many times now from heart attacks and other issues, all caused from his PTSD.

Soldiers are the worst asking for help, because our training has made our male pride that much more worse when it comes to asking for self help.

Ranger and Beatle, I congratulate you both for coming here and posting, because I know a lot of vets who only read here, email me and the like, who won't actually post here because they don't want people to know they need help. All soldiers who are here and posting, looking for help, all should give yourselves huge credit for that alone... because you deserve it.

Those who are not tainted by the military mind changes, being civilians, don't suffer this problem even close to soldiers.

It must be in the air. I'm so damn mad right now. The anxeity is extremely high and the psyc doc.s meds are not working. Ranger I'm prolly not going to sleep tonight, the computer will be on. PM me if you need too.

thanx to all i got tied up in a PM conversation with nam last night into early morning along with fighting with my computer that kept locking up. I didnt see the more recent posts till now wasnt trying to ignor any one. when i can get into the chat room where it's more private i may share some history a few of my many traumas. but not this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back