• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Not sure anymore - recent bicycle accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsooley

New Here
I was in major bicycle accident on January 1st. Was in ICU 3 weeks and acute rehab for one week. Been home for 5 days. Pain level still quite high. Taking Oxy ER, Tramadol as needed and cannabis. Very emotional and hard to concentrate on much of anything. I am stressed about work and income. I have fractured hip and sacrum and fractured scapula and clavicle as well as 7 ribs. Moving around with a walker but it's extremely slow and painful. Find myself crying alot. Still cannot dress myself (socks and shoes) and it's depressing. I have an other-worldly feeling about day to day stuff...like I'm watching a movie.

Not sure about what? That you have PTSD? Suggesting you let your Dr's know of your symptoms and they can refer you to someone to answer your question..

Sorry about your accident.. sounds very painful and a long recovery.. Hope you seek help to get your answer...

Welcome :)

If you didn’t have PTSD before the accident, know that the symptoms of trauma are actually really normal following trauma. Also that you can get a jump on keeping things in the normal range by getting into trauma therapy early on (like now) :D More on that here >>> https://www.myptsd.com/threads/traumatic-resilience-avoiding-ptsd.83668/

If you had PTSD before the accident? Cha. New trauma & massive stress will almost always kick things off for awhile. And you’re really in the thick of it, right now with stress cup stuff. Again, gettin into therapy on the Q.V. rather than trying to grit it out can help in a major way.

thank u, i am looking for therapist

Not sure about what? That you have PTSD? Suggesting you let your Dr's know of your symptoms and they can...
no, i mean, ever since i have been home, stuff feels like a dream almost. i find myself asking if it is 'real'. might be the drugs too. i need to seek therapy because it is overwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think therapy is a great place to start. I advise you to take it slow as you’re dealing with so many physical issues right now. It wouldn’t be good to have the psychological aspects spin out of control while you’re struggling physically as well. Hugs.

Happy to hear you are going to seek therapy. What you experienced and the aftermath is very traumatic... and you know you need help getting thru it... and that takes courage... not to mention the courage it is going to take to rehabilitate your body... So you are giving your self a loving gift by wanting to heal your mind and body.... we are here for you.... I want to send you a hug, but will wait until you say it is ok , so as not to hurt any thing that is healing... but a cyber hugs doesn't hurt... so you do get some of those !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back