• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Offline For A Bit - Family Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

MyPTSD Pro
I felt I should quickly inform you all that Jim and I will be offline for 2-3 days, as Jim's mother passed away this morning. Please do not feel badly for us, her death is truly a blessing. She had Alzheimers for the last 12 years and we have slowly watched her deteriorate to the point where she cannot walk, talk, or feed herself. She has not recognized any of us for quite some time. So after all the long drawn out suffering we are relieved she's finally at rest. We will simply be quite busy over the next few days, with relations visiting and funeral preparations and such. If anyone sends a request to join the private forum or anything else related to my being the carers editor, please be assured I will take care of it when I return. Take good care all.

Just passing on my sympathy Kathy to you and Jim its hard when it has been a long drawn out illness.
Jen

Jim and Kathy,

Like Jen, I know how tough long illnesses can be to deal with. And the relief when the one you love is out of pain is such a mixed up difficult time.

Sending my sympathy to you and yours.

Lisa

I am glad there is a relief to the suffering. Condolences.

I came on briefly this morning to check things and noticed all the messages. Thank you all for the kind wishes. As I stated earlier, Brigitte's death was truly a blessing. However because it has occurred so closely after Brian's death, we are all feeling quite out of sorts. We aren't sure if the tears are for Brigitte, or for Brian. We were worried Evie would have this problem with Brigitte's death, that it would be a trigger for her to feel worse about Brian, but it seems we are all experiencing the same trigger! In any event, I do thank you all for the good wishes, the wake and prayers are later on today (on Canada Day of all days!) and the funeral is tomorrow. So after the funeral Jim and I should both be back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back