1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Ok so i've discounted my ptsd, because...

Discussion in 'Childhood' started by WhiteHatGirl, Nov 27, 2017.

1. WhiteHatGirl

WhiteHatGirl Active Member

For much of my life, I've bought into my parent's phrase saying, "We don't beat you!" So I'm not mistreated. He only threatened to kill me over and over, and said that the family didn't deserve him, and I wouldn't amount to anything....emotional abuse goes on and on.
    Now my family(other members) are much more insidious with their actions-psychologically.
    *I have to live with elephants in the rooms with each person on a daily basis while staying with the family. It's HARD, it's triggering. And sometimes what is said to me makes me feel like "a horse kicked me in the stomach!"

Ronin, Recovery4Me and mumstheword like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. saraemerald

saraemerald Well-Known Member

That is ALL mistreatment and verbal/emotional abuse and it's wrong. Sorry you went through all that. That does and will leave scars. Emotional abuse is difficult to deal with because it's harder to recognize because it's not as obvious as physical abuse but it can hurt just as much.
    Threats like that are awful too. What kind of a parent says that to their child?! Someone violent and unstable.
    Please don't downplay the abuse you experienced. That's rough and needs attention.
    Hugs

Recovery4Me and mumstheword like this.
  4. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Hi @WhiteHatGirl... That's awful... That's mental abuse.... Which can brainwash into believing its true.... And to be told I'm going to kill you...... Horrible... That's not comforting.. That makes you scared..... Alone and lost.... I'm so sorry all that happened to you...

Recovery4Me and mumstheword like this.
  5. joeylittle

joeylittle ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ All howl, no bite Administrator Generous $250+

Have you been diagnosed with PTSD?

Recovery4Me likes this.