• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Okay Day - Husband Going For New Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
My Significant Other went to Denver today to speak with some gentlemen that had offered him a different job. He was very loyal to the place he works now and did not appear upbeat about the idea. Since he did not get in until 3 a.m. this morning, I drove him as its roughly 125 miles to Denver one way and we had to be there at 7:30 a.m. I dropped him off with the gentlemen to talk business and I went to a good old friend of mines house for a visit. Was very nice to see her, as we don't get to spend time together very much since I live so far away. Then, Ed called and I went to go get him, he is taking the new job. Now this is good for several reasons. He will be making 1/2 again as much as he makes now. Less hours. More benefits. And, he has to go to Denver for training for 6 weeks, we have not been getting along the best and I think the breather will do us some good. I hope that by some act of God when he returns, he will be more like the Ed I used to care about. He is not Ed anymore, I hope he finds himself. Not a bad day at all.

And I got to see 2 Wild turkey's on the drive, it was awesome.

Good deal. You may be right. My wife got rid of me for a year and it did us some good. I used to see wild turkey all the time but thay had a cork in the mouth. I want to visit Co. one day (it's beautiful)

hurray

hey porta,

that's good news for the both of you. Happy with his decision? 6 weeks for yourself? Hope it will do you both a world of good these changes.

Hope it all works out well for your husband and yourself. Breaks in a marriage are good from time to time in my opinion. And money isn't the most important thing in a job, for sure not. How pleasant to see wild turkeys! We have many around our property.

Good luck to you both.

Jim.

Thanks for all the cheers....He leaves next Sunday......He will be home for Easter however. That is good.

Bella,

Glad that the job worked out. And, like Jim said, sometimes breaks are good for both parties in a relationship. My husband goes out of town for business on a fairly regular basis. We both get some time to ourselves and helps us remember why we have been together for all of these years. Besides, it's nice to get a phone call when he's out of town telling me how much he misses me.

Maybe a change in places and less working hours will help your husband to feel more like himself.

My mom and step-father live right outside of Denver and it's such a beautiful place around there.

Ed's last day at his old job is Saturday. I asked him if he was getting nervous yet and he said, "I am scared to death". I hope everything goes as expected, would be nice.

Good Luck!

Hope everything turns out well for Ed and this whole new transition. Maybe the two of you can go out and have a nice dinner, sort of a farewell gesture. Or you could cook his favorite dinner to send him off at least full and happy? At this stage in our lives to take on a new job and new respondsibilities is scary so I feel for him. I've "been there done that" and can relate. Then after he is gone you can do whatever it is you have been postponing because he was there. For me ... I would have a relaxing bubble bath and make hot chocolate and watch sappy movies like "The Holiday" or plan a shopping trip for me to get something I needed but had put off. Have a great upcoming six weeks Portabella! Love, map9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back