• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ongoing Journey - 20 Years Of Depression, Anxiety, & PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachingout

New Here
I started a very determined journey after ending up in A&E after my anxiety attacked me physically in new and interesting ways nearly twenty years after my first panic attack, mostly because I'd learned to ignore the varying physical symptoms of my anxiety. The doctor I spoke to that night pointed out that he can see I have medication and coping techniques for the anxiety but what was my plan to deal with the underlying cause? Until that moment it had never occurred to me that my depression, anxiety or ptsd could be resolved - these are things I've lived with for decades and just assumed they came and went in waves and I just had to cope with that.

So I started first seeing a paid therapist for 6 months until she went on maternity leave and then managed to make it to the top of an NHS list for women recovering from sexual abuse and trauma. I've been working hard but the only regular 'support' I have is my husband who can be completely clueless! Right now I'm trying to work out how to accept my trauma instead of minimising it and I feel all alone. I have no friends or family nearby and it's hard to fill up the rare weekend visits with my 'drama'. I'm the only one who works round here so I have this constant pressure to find jobs and pay bills while working through a lifetime of cumulative trauma without the support I need.

Welcome. Glad you found us, but not, the reasons why. May you find true relief and support, here and in RL.
Many peeps here will be able to identify, I'm sure, and, hopefully you will recieve some.useful and helpful feedback @reachingout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back