1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Other people’s negative opinions about disability & hospitalizations

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by trying2movefwd, May 16, 2018.

1. trying2movefwd

trying2movefwd I'm a VIP

I've been volunteering at a school on very part time basis. I am on disability. Today the director of the school was cracking jokes about being on disability. Yesterday an intake worker at a clinic gave me a face about the amount of hospitalizations I have had. First of all.. I do not want disability! It's been a need in my life! Second.....I AM NOT proud of the hospitalizations. I am coming on 14 months without hospitalization. I am working toward not needing disability, but a stupid thyroid issue has interfered and set my mental health back. Plus May and June just sucks. That's all. Well it's not..but anyway.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Justmehere

Justmehere Defying the odds Moderator Premium Member

Statements about them. Not you.

Keep on keeping on, and don't mind those who just don't get it. :hug:

4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

If I was feeling brave, and confronted with such an ignorant comment, I’d say “Well, should you ever become disabled and unable to work, I hope you put your money where your mouth is and refuse to receive disability, even though you pay for it with every paycheck. I hope you know this means you’ll likely run out of money at some point because you’ll be uninsured, no? Being on disability means you’ve got medical bills, and no insurance means you’ll whip through your savings in no time! And once that happens, you can look forward to being homeless and living on the street. Have a nice day!” (About face.)

LOL

Faith Andrews and trying2movefwd like this.
  5. trying2movefwd

trying2movefwd I'm a VIP

So true and you made me laugh! Thanks.

ladee likes this.