• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Overwhelmed with having to talk about my ptsd with anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

7lonewolf7

New Here
I'm discovering that I'm just not good about sharing my emotions if they feel negative. I internalize a lot so it actually feels uncomfortable talking about my emotions and thoughts, even with therapists (well really only one). But I need to over come this because I want to retry being in a relationship again. That's why I'm here. But i don't know how to start

I started with my therapist, sharing myself, opening up. I had nobody in my life because of prolonged isolation and I never had many friends to begin with. I went through a program where I meet people that were going through similar things. This allowed me to take another small step by creating a couple of friendships. People I now feel comfortable speaking with because we had already been through that program together.

I want friendships and closer relationships so I'm hopeful that I will continue taking a small step in that direction. Hope you will too.

You aren't alone, I'm glad you found your way here.

It takes time because we have to relearn how to do it. That what ptsd steals from us - the ability to share how we actually feel. That's why therapy is so helpful. It gives you a safe place to practice with someone who won't get all undone by what you say

Yeah I need to find a therapist that I feel comfortable talking to but I have to wait until I get on my own insurance, which unfortunately could take another 12weeks. So at the moment I'm struggling being my own therapist lol shit is exhausting and draining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back