• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelwings

MyPTSD Pro
I'm suicidal. My psychiatrist is weaning me off of klonopin, and for days I have felt terrified. It's triggering me and I can't control the flashbacks. I tried contacting both my psychiatrist and therapist but neither of them are answering me. It could be because it's only 7:30, but i feel so alone and hopeless right now. If I have to do another day of flashbacks I'm not going to make it.

Angelwings, I hope you are willing to call a crisis hot line or go to the ER...unless you are able to hold on until you can get hold of your doctor or therapist. But, I am sure they would want you to be safe, first and foremost and tell you to go to the E R. These have been my instructions from my T....safety first. If your meds are off, the E R would be my "go to." Hold on. This is just your brain throwing a fit. It will calm down. You will get beyond this.

I'm okay. My therapist called about half an hour after I posted this. I was able to meet with her and we did some brainspotting. I was able to find a resource point, so now I have a way to calm down a little. It helps. I am still having the terrified feeling, but it's less intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back