• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Panic attack tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisamarieaxo

Learning
Hi everyone. I had been doing well. I did a healing modality and had no anxiety at all. Then tnte out to dinner for my best friends mom's bday (my Bf just died 4 weeks ago suddenly so anxiety there) I went to take my st John's worts and immediately got a panic attack. It was towards the end of the night so I just excused myself. But even going to pay the Bill felt an excruciating, drawn out event.

Tmrw I have an intake with a treatment program. It can take up to 2 hours. This makes me feel trapped. Adding to this, I have been off of work but my job is wanting me to return. I am requesting more unpaid leave of absence to heal. I will have to be in this program to have it approved. I WANT to complete this program but the whole thing scares me. I am starting small. Just showing up to the intake and will tell them I have panic attacks if I need to step out. Then i will see you guys next week to get ready for the groups.. ?

Hey @Lisamarieaxo - if you are surprised you are getting or having anxiety or panic attacks - I don't know why! In your post you detailed a few events that are big. I hope by now you have got through your intake and are doing ok. You are doing the right thing in getting treatment and taking time for yourself.

I look forward to hearing how your treatment program is going. It's ok to be a little scared about entering new treatments.. I hope you work your way through that and really benefit from it all.

Take care.

A little late here but I hope all went okay. All you can do is take one day at a time. I do hope and pray you find just the right treatment and support you need. It sounds like you are going through a lot so being way stressed is normal, don't forget it's right to have some reactions!

Hey @Lisamarieaxo - if you are surprised you are getting or having anxiety or panic attacks - I don't know why! In your post you detailed a few events that are big. I hope by now you have got through your intake and are doing ok. You are doing the right thing in getting treatment and taking time for yourself.

I look forward to hearing how your treatment program is going. It's ok to be a little scared about entering new treatments.. I hope you work your way through that and really benefit from it all.

Take care.

I have been in the program a week..several hours everyday. I feel very comfortable. How would you suggest I best handle my panic attacks?

A little late here but I hope all went okay. All you can do is take one day at a time. I do hope and pray you find just the right treatment and support you need. It sounds like you are going through a lot so being way stressed is normal, don't forget it's right to have some reactions!
Thank you! So far so good with my program!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back