• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Panic - Training In New Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshanks

Learning
For the past 2 weeks I have been in training for a new job at work that involves a lot of important detail with machines, procedures and computers. I started to freak out with mass anxiety and panic attacks. Because I didn t want to be numbed out on pharmaceuticals I went the homeopathic route with my homeopath and the remedies given me are supposed to be extremely effective and quite potent but my anxiety is absolutely unbelievable and next week am scheduled for the job.The sweating, stomach upset, dry mouth, heartbeat and mental blockages are non stop, except when I have been doing the job for a few minutes, but I have to solve breakdown problems as well and I am told that I will make mistakes and it is OK! But because I am so hard on myself ...I don t know! Can anyone give me any suggestions with how to deal with the anxiety. I need some kind of perspective.:dontknow:

If you are having that much trouble don't do it!

Don't put yourself in that situation. Some may say face your fear and take the challenge head on!

Well try it and if it aint your bowl of oats move on to something else.

Life is too short, don't worry be happy.

:smile:

Hi,

So it sounds like the homeopathic remedies aren't cutting it right now, are you considering some anti-anxiety meds to get you through the training? I really don't see anything wrong with taking them for a short stint to get you through, right now. I definitely don't think you should not go through with the training. Obviously, if they are training you, they think you are capable of doing the job. Have a little faith and maybe a Xanax!

Best,
Rachel

panic

Thanks for the support. First of all if I want to keep working where I am I have to go thru with it and when I get on the job I am pretty sure that after a couple of days I will be ok, but maybe taking the Ativan I have will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back