Parents that are toxic

mshienie

Learning
How can i work on getting past my family members being so toxic? I am working on moving out so I don't have to deal with my dysfunctional family. I am just out of words. I rather not have to deal with the horrible words and disgust. M y father is very narcissistic and my mom has mental health problems with deep depression, I would like to get some suggestions on how to cope and deal with this. I have been through therapy already, and parts of it work sometimes, but not always. I don't like having to reply on them, and what they have done for me. My father doesn't know how to communicate, and everytime he does he gets his ego right in the way. I won't be able to control him. I have written him letters about wanting to move out, and the last time i went to go to a hotel. my father freak out, and I am not wanting to deal with that. I have decided to go on vacation to help me get out, and do what needs to be done.

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
How can i work on getting past my family members being so toxic? I am working on moving out so I don't have to deal with my dysfunctional family. I am just out of words. I rather not have to deal with the horrible words and disgust. M y father is very narcissistic and my mom has mental health problems with deep depression, I would like to get some suggestions on how to cope and deal with this. I have been through therapy already, and parts of it work sometimes, but not always. I don't like having to reply on them, and what they have done for me. My father doesn't know how to communicate, and everytime he does he gets his ego right in the way. I won't be able to control him. I have written him letters about wanting to move out, and the last time i went to go to a hotel. my father freak out, and I am not wanting to deal with that. I have decided to go on vacation to help me get out, and do what needs to be done.
Sounds like you've had enough. Good idea to go on vacation and clear your head. Get a strategy together for moving out. I remember when I used to live with my parents and it was hell. I actually tried to kill myself it was so bad. Best wishes to you. S3 🙂👊

mshienie

Learning
Yes i had enough for sure, this isn't what i wanted for myself. I definitely have been looking, and wow, that isn't good. Thank you

mshienie

Learning
i contacted someone over youtube about low-income housing, so thank you for all the advice. i will continue with my journey to ensure i get where i want to be