• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Partner of a PTSD Sufferer - Veteran With Childhood Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt

Learning
hi all,
I'm the partner of a UK army Vet,who is also a survivor of childhood abuse (physical/sexual and emotional)So he has the whole package:frown:.I've been looking around for a day or so and (finally) decided to post an intro:smile:
I live in the UK,Vets services over here are practically non-existent unfortunately.My partner doesn't work,so we spend a lot of time tripping over each other and getting annoyed at the lack of personal space(we live in a tiny house and are waiting to be re-housed by the council to a bigger one,as we also have a 16 yr old daughter living with us)We've been here for 2 1/2 years and still waiting and the pressure is starting to show,although on the bright side,i'm amazed that we've coped this long with it:crazy:

Looking forward to chatting to you.Sorry about the rant,not really an intro,well ok,a ranting one:rofl:
Celt

Hi Celt, welcome to the forum and glad you chose to say hi. Ah... teenagers. Can't live with em, can't strangle em.

and murder is still illegal

wait. I'm only *just* out of that teenage stage!!!!

Hi celt, welcome
cass

Welcome Celt! yeah, I get the tripping over each other. I have a 14 and 10 yr old, 50 pound dog, plus myself and all our junk crammed into a tiny 2 bedroom house. I can't turn around without being face to face with someone!! LOL. You do tend to get more annoyed in small spaces!! This is me and the teen::boxem:! LMAO.

Bec

Hi Celt...glad to have you here.

Just think....before too long those teenagers will have kids of their own and the old saying, "What goes around comes around", really will come true!

Thankyou for all the lovely welcomes:smile:
glad to see i'm not the only one going or who's been through those "lovely" teenage years:biggrin:
Oh yeah BecVan,you just reminded me about the dog,Guinea pigs and Giant African landsnail that are squeezed in here too:wall:
I look forward to reading and posting some more.
Celt

we spend a lot of time tripping over each other and getting annoyed at the lack of personal space
Not enough pers. space and living quarters can be a great challenge. I too had lived it for 3 yrs. My husb. and I and baby/toddler twins at the time. It was ridiculously too small and I don't know how we survived it, but did.

Welcome aboard Celt! Glad you found us. Much support here for all. Just now read you also have...What?...a dog, guinea pigs, African landsnail, all living with you. Are you kidding us? LOL What kind of dog is it? Please don't tell me, it's a giant dog or a rambunctious, frolicking puppy. Just kidding!

Well again, Welcome aboard! As far as teenagers, my mother use to always say that I was in for a rude awakening if and when I became a parent of teenager. Well, I hope 6 yrs. is enough to get prepared, bc I have 2, dramatically different children that will turn teenager then.

Bless YOU Celt, and look forward to hearing from you within the forum.

Just now read you also have...What?...a dog, guinea pigs, African landsnail, all living with you. Are you kidding us? LOL What kind of dog is it? Please don't tell me, it's a giant dog or a rambunctious, frolicking puppy. Just kidding!
My dog is a lurcher(only a small one luckily)but he is insane so makes up for his lack of stature:biggrin: we had 3 guinea pigs until 2 of them died recently and a relatively small Snail(he's only about 6/7 inches long at the moment)but our house is a victorian typical cottage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back