• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General partner with trauma taking space how long has it been in your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southwest

Learning
This is a very general question that I know has many factors and is different with each person. But how long did your partner isolate or need space from you after a trigger event?

Anywhere from a few hours to a few years.

I have no problem remaining friends with someone who needs to take a few years to clear their head, but I hope it goes without saying that we were no longer partners during that time.

Anywhere from a few hours to a few years.

I have no problem remaining friends with someone who needs to take a few years to clear their head, but I hope it goes without saying that we were no longer partners during that time.
would you considered going back to a partner with them?

would you considered going back to a partner with them?
I assume you’re asking about the ones gone off for years?

Nope. Absolutely not.

Friends? Sure. f*ckbuddies? Maybe. As long as neither of us are seeing anyone. Dating / Partners? Nope. We already tried that, and when push came to shove, we didn’t go off adventuring -or fall off the face of the map- or whatever, together. We broke up. That’s not a partnership, in my book. That’s the end of a partnership.

Somewhere more middling? Weeks/months? It would depend on if I/We could build a life around that. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Ditto if those weeks months are for work or play.

Other people feel differently about these things.

I assume you’re asking about the ones gone off for years?

Nope. Absolutely not.

Friends? Sure. f*ckbuddies? Maybe. As long as neither of us are seeing anyone. Dating / Partners? Nope. We already tried that, and when push came to shove, we didn’t go off adventuring -or fall off the face of the map- or whatever, together. We broke up. That’s not a partnership, in my book. That’s the end of a partnership.

Somewhere more middling? Weeks/months? It would depend on if I/We could build a life around that. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Ditto if those weeks months are for work or play.

Other people feel differently about these things.
Yeah I can understand that.

I had an Ex who had PTSD he used to be in the army. He would disappear for days weeks and sometimes a month. He eventually pushed me so far away that he didn't want to see me anymore in person. He kept making up lies as to why he couldn't see me. The last two years l didn't see him at all. We broke up. I love him. But it hurt way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back