• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood Past childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz

New Here
First time spoken about childhood trama.
injuries leave scars

Story is on true story, I dont now where to start.

Going back young age as my dad was alcoholic

———————
Trying peace missing part of the story , I remember top of the upstairs by stair the next thing remember dad running up the the stair and on the floor curled in an ball covering my face Not knowing whats going happen next. Next I remember running downstair my hand with my face blood in front of family friends at the table (family friends that visit from time to time) and then running basement washroom - looking at the mirror in downstairs washroom — my teeth mouth full of blood, walking upstairs and the driving to hospital (Toronto western) mom placing bag of fresh ice on the mouth - mom kept telling me ‘tell them I fell on concrete Sidewalk, sure that either punch my face or kicked me ‘this is when he was drunk ‘Going thru surgery for smashed teeth, losing front two teeth.

Oh, @Wiz, that’s nightmarish. I’m so very sorry. As a little girl, I was also beaten bloody by my father. I feel your pain.

And, as if the beating wasn’t enough, to then have your mother worry only about protecting your father. Such abandonment. Such callous disregard. My mother just stood by passively and let it all happen when I was being brutalized by my father—something almost as horrifying as the beatings themselves. Unfortunately, that’s not too uncommon, hard as it is to believe.

I also spent many years (decades) mostly keeping this to myself. I was like a robot or something, numbly going through the motions of life. Then I collapsed, and here I am, trying to make sense of the nonsensical and rewire my brain (if that’s even possible).

I hope you’ll continue to talk to us, folks who really do understand, and that that will help towards your healing.

Welcome

Oh, @Wiz, that’s nightmarish. I’m so very sorry. As a little girl, I was also beaten bloody by my father. I feel your pain.

And, as if the beating wasn’t enough, to then have your mother worry only about protecting your father. Such abandonment. Such callous disregard. My mother just stood by passively and let it all happen when I was being brutalized by my father—something almost as horrifying as the beatings themselves. Unfortunately, that’s not too uncommon, hard as it is to believe.

I also spent many years (decades) mostly keeping this to myself. I was like a robot or something, numbly going through the motions of life. Then I collapsed, and here I am, trying to make sense of the nonsensical and rewire my brain (if that’s even possible).

I hope you’ll continue to talk to us, folks who really do understand, and that that will help towards your healing.

Welcome
Many thanks for thoughts and support
Trying peace missing part of the story , I remember top of the upstairs by stair the next thing remember dad running up the the stair and on the floor curled in an ball covering my face Not knowing whats going happen next. Next I remember running downstair my hand with my face blood in front of family friends at the table (family friends that visit from time to time) and then running basement washroom - looking at the mirror in downstairs washroom — my teeth mouth full of blood, walking upstairs and the driving to hospital (Toronto western) mom placing bag of fresh ice on the mouth - mom kept telling me ‘tell them I fell on concrete Sidewalk, sure that either punch my face or kicked me ‘this is when he was drunk ‘Going thru surgery for smashed teeth, losing front two teeth.
i hope no one go thru what I went thru. This day and on ‘this will haunt me’

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back