1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pelvic floor muscle damaged. anyone have insight or have had this happen?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by littleoc, May 30, 2018.

1. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

My doctors say my pelvic floor muscle is messed up. The best hope is physical therapy for now, but they want me to eventually let the physical therapist (not my gynecologist?) look in and see if I need surgery on the pelvic floor muscle.

They say it was a combination of traumas, back pain related to my bust being too large on a small frame (I’m trying everything, I don’t really want a surgery there either), and then probablems for thirteen years of trying not to aggravate it (using the restroom for any reason only at certain, rare times, because I’m also afraid of bathrooms for some reason (working on that too, at least I function)).

I’m upset at myself because I feel like this is my fault, because of all the years of apparently not letting it heal.

But technically I guess it was the pedophile/kidnapper’s fault?

Anyway, has anyone had this happen to them? Can I avoid surgery? I really, really don’t want it. Maybe after a pregnancy...? (If I can even get pregnant?)

Many thanks for stopping by

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. NoWhereKnowWhere

NoWhereKnowWhere There is a light and it never goes out. Donated

Yeah I have pelvic floor issues too because of csa and I’ve no idea about surgery or anything cause I’ve never been able to pluck up the courage to go to the doctor about it. I’m like 5 years overdue a smear test.

littleoc likes this.
  4. Zoogal

Zoogal I'm a VIP

Just posting to share this. I don't know if it will help but it won't hurt.

Hab It: Pelvic Floor https://www.amazon.com/dp/0510539610/?tag=ap0f5b-20

Description of the DVD:

Product Description
    The Hab It: Pelvic Foor dvd is a Educational/Exercise dvd consisting of educational content on pelvic anatomy and important postural positioning as well as 4 progressive workouts to help rehabilitate your pelvic basket of muscles, relieving symptoms of incontinence and prolapse. The content was written by a physical therapist as an approach to bring the content of a physical therapy visit to your own home. Included with the dvd is a 12 inch elastic loop band to be used within the workouts. The Hab It dvd has been created for women, by women. We believe that understanding your body is a key step toward a successful rehab.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
    Supervixn and littleoc like this.
  5. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

I’m so sorry to hear that

I forced myself to after pain got bad enough to disrupt my life, but it was difficult as hell. I got some relief though, but I can’t seem to get myself to even let them look at it to see how bad it is or isn’t.

Thank you @Zoogal

NoWhereKnowWhere, Abstract and Zoogal like this.
  6. Zoogal

Zoogal I'm a VIP

I have vericose veins that run down both sides of my outer girl parts and have had them for as long as I can remember. I have no idea where I got them and my OB from over twenty years ago Neve heard of them and neither did any of her colleagues. Exercise by far has been the best way to deal with the pain from them. I have found nothing else.

littleoc and Abstract like this.
  7. Allie D.

Allie D. Just Plain Allie

I'm not a doctor but if you're having physical therapy - I just want to make sure you can look up Kegels. I learned about them when I was pretty young dealing with endometriosis, and I think it has helped me avoid that pelvic floor issue entirely. (I sure hope it will continue to do so!)

Probably you're learning it in PT but for anyone reading along that has pelvic floor damage (or who wants to prevent it in the future):
    Kegel exercises: A how-to guide for women

Supervixn and littleoc like this.