1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People talking sht at work

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by 420kitty, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 420kitty

420kitty Well-Known Member

Idk if I'm the only one but sometimes it feels like it. Anyway, ever since ptsd and working - coworkers just talk about how I am crazy, etc. At first it didn't bother me but after a while (a couple hours) in to work it kind of gets to me. I don't feel like I do anything too out of the ordinary. I talk to myself as reminders and look around in the restaurant and outside. People think I stare at them when I don't. Anyone else have experiences like this? Just wondering....

TommySunlight likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member Donated

You've said you usually quit jobs at about 6-10 months in the past. Has this generally been because you feel people are talking about you?

PURUSHA and 420kitty like this.
  4. 420kitty

Either that or I get bored.

TommySunlight likes this.
  5. Neverthesame

Neverthesame A Mind The Dead Have Ravaged Premium Member Donated

I know it's easier said than done but... f*ck em'.

What's really crazy?
    Somebody using whatever tools they have to get their job done properly. Ya know... to ensure they are seen to be earning the money the company gives them?
    Or the dumb shit sitting there yapping away about how "funny" work looks like when someone else is actually doing it?

Yeah... It looks alot less funny from the unemployment line.
    Don't worry about what they think, probably only half a brain cell shared between them. Pfft..:rolleyes:

6. bumbles

bumbles Active Member Donated

I made the mistake of being honest with a coworker, who I thought was my friend, when I was hospitalized.
    Now it's all jokes about me being crazy, jokes about me committing suicide, etc. I definitely find myself interpreting a lot of gestures and looks and private conversations to be negative about me when I am feeling particulary triggered and vulnerable or anxious though.

But also.. some people just suck. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.

7. 420kitty

Same. People do suck and I tell myself idc but not sure why it bothers me so much.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
  8. grit

grit Active Member

What you are doing is quirky not crazy! I think this is a borderline bullying. I am sorry you have such unsupportive and even mean co-workers.

Yikes!

420kitty and TommySunlight like this.
  9. TommySunlight

TommySunlight Active Member

I dealt with workplace bullying that involved my superior making fun of me for being "sensitive" and the gradual mobbing that this boss orchestrated, I experienced everything you described...I'm sorry you have to deal with such negativity just take comfort in knowing it's not you but them, sending good vibes

420kitty and bumbles like this.
Show Sidebar