• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death Pet Bereavement & CPTSD & Hoarding & Finding Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Confident
My cat died after 16 years, on the 19th January. 2018.
She was my soul mate, my baby the only thing I had and I'm devasted.
Please has anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this loss?
I am been told GET OVER IT! - that just broke my heart.

I miss her so much and am going into a deep depression and crying.
She had such a beautiful soul, never bite, never, scratched and I would hold her in my arms and cuddle her.
She peed on everything but I still loved her like my only own child.
I'm considering getting a rescue cat but am concerned I will compare her to my BUBBA as I'm still grieving for her.
I still feel her around me sometimes.
I've brought books to help, planted a bleeding heart plant in her name, and have a celebration of a cat life book, I've written in and want to add pictures of her

What did you do to help yourself when your pet died?
Any ideas, words of wisdom please tell me.
I'm completely alone in this as no one understands the depth of pain I feel.
I've got EMDR coming up soon and feel I have nothing to look forward too.
Life feels like a burden when it should be considered a gift.

I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful furry friend. The time that you had with her - and she with you - was a wonderful gift. One that you can treasure forever.

I can only imagine the depth of the grief you must be feeling. I guess the only thing I can say is just to keep feeling it. Some people aren't going to understand. But I know she was your friend and a family member. Keep feeling what you feel and don't listen to people who tell you not to, and I think one day you'll be able to think about her and smile instead of cry.

I'm sorry that your sweet baby is no longer with you. I understand. I had to put my 24 year old cat down two years ago. I still get a stab in my heart when I think about her. I truly do understand.

I ended up with a dog I rescued. I am not a dog person, but this little girl needed a home away from abusive people. I do compare my dog to my girl sometimes. That's ok. The dog doesn't know I'm doing that. And I do want another cat. Someday.

We don't 'get over it', especially when our cats were with us for so long, and the only contact we had sometimes. I hope you do get another cat. It will never be Bubba, never. Bubba holds a place in your heart that has her little footprints there. But getting another pet will help. Or at least it helped me.

Doesn't mean my dog took the place of my Divagirl, just means I had room in my heart for another little animal that needed a home and love. I still miss my cat, I always will.

Hope you find another furbaby to help you heal. I do understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back