• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Plato|the Allegory Of The Cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 43454
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And? Perhaps you aren't listening lol. I graduated from the school of Inner Development with a masters in No Fux Givenology :D Don't take offense Viking. Nothing I've posted here as of late has been in spite or as insult.
I simply see this as the explanation as to why society is so royally fukt.

Last edited:
You know, I don't know what your point is with this video, but I am familiar with the "Allegory of the cave". Didn't watch the video... And oddly enough there was a point in Iraq when I actually thought of it and applied it for a while. It got rattled out of my brain housing group while in a little shithole called Az Zubayr. It was a small Iraqi port/base. Anyway, I was there and while clearing the facility with Royal Marines I ended up shooting a guy right in his teeth after he popped up with an Ak while inside of a shipping container and I dumped him. About 20 minutes later I was trying to eat, while sitting down leaning on a Mercedes, shaking, and my fingers werent working too good. As I tried to sort through my Penne Pasta, and hydrate, I noticed that goofy picture on the MRE heater that I had seen ten thousand times before, "lean against rock or something". Not that I planned to use it, but at that time I really understood why that dumb picture was there in the first place. I was also wondering why in the hell did that guy pop up and try to fight. Allegory of the cave.....

Interesting.. however I don't follow on the correlation to the Allegory of the cave and your story?
Are you saying the Iraqi was one of the cave dwellers who refused to see the incoming freedom?

What helps me cope best is to forget my story. For the longest time I would relate anything to my deployment because I had no other experiences worth mentioning. Eventually after relating back to deployment people stopped listening to my story which caused me confusion. Thus leading to the understanding that people just flat out didn't care to hear it. (Not saying that I don't right now.) But this started me on the path to just saying screw it and leaving all that conditioning behind which has been a process. Now I'm just a dude. Who has no story unless I really feel like going there again and I think I've dwelt in the past long enough already. I'm just an average guy... with laser like focus. :)

Last edited:
Apologies, my point & thought process was somewhat obscured by tequila and not well articulated... At that point, back then as I read the heater pack, I thought that both he and I were merely doing what we had been taught/told to do. And that neither of us probably held any particularly special knowledge or intellect. Surely if we had neither of us would have been there in the first place.

Tequila? Now that will put you in a cave for a while and make you think thoughty thoughts. You will see a lot of shadows.

I almost laugh when I say I majored in philosophy. So did Steve Martin. He probably took it as serious as I did. The registration lines were shorter. But it did teach me to read -- German. Loved the logic.

Missed the analogy of the little film though. But won't be the first time. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back