• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

BPD Please help me understand the differences between bpd and c-ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting and accepting my BPD diagnosis has been helpful. I've had ptsd/cptsd for years. I know my traumas, I've been processing for 3 years, I've been doing ok with flashbacks and memories, although they still rear their ugly head.

But when you look at my childhood and upbringing (aside from the csa which was someone outside the family and not brought out until I was 22) there was an extremely sensitive child who was being invalidated in almost every aspect of her life. Crying was bad, feelings weren't shown or dealt with, silent treatments the norm... boundaries....what boundaries? My parents never taught us boundaries or why they are important. My mother is a classic narcissist as well. BPD, like PTSD/CPTSD is not born, it's made, but we get a much worse rap. Accepting this diagnosis has helped me find appropriate treatment that after multiple hospital visits and iops, and DBT for 4 years, I finally feel like I have a fighting chance.

Hello everybody!

So, I need your input. Is it possible to go through many repeated traumas a...
Well, a PD doesn't necessarily make you evil, and the symptoms, from what I have read can overlap. I mean, ultimately what matters is what you are actually feeling and experiencing, instead of putting them in a category.

Thanks for your reply. My issue is that I tried DBT last year and last for one session. We int...

Sorry, new on here so still learning the basics.

Anyways, it seems like you just don't like callous people. I don't either, and it's fine to admit that. The way she acted is not related to BPD though, so I would caution against linking the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody!

So, I need your input. Is it possible to go through many repeated traumas and not...
Yes. Not everyone can or will develop ptsd regardless of the trauma or duration of such. I’ve read it’s thought to have a genetic component, not certain if thats a fact (tho imo it is), but it has nothing to do with a persons character or lack thereof. Like being “too sensitive”. However, it is quite possible, to have ptsd & co occurring disorders. I have BP 1 & ADD in addition to ptsd. Fun stuff :/ Unfortunately all 3 have similar symptoms, some are exactly the same! Anxiety, irritability, depression, mood swings, cognitive probs...i could go on. Hang in there! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back