• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poking Head in to Give Shy Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GR-ass

MyPTSD Pro
Hey all, I'm, well, GR'ass.

umm, I was kind of ndged towards this site by a social worker.
I'm an aussie girl, and live in Townsville.
I think that is all, for now anyway.

WELCOME!!!!! A new member of our caring community!!!!! You can share your story when you are ready...I want to let you know that you can feel free to rant..rave...rage..laugh...cry...whatever!!! Check the forum for the thread that starts with the word JOKES....very funny stuff on that!!! I am looking forward to your future posts!!!....wildfirewildone...KEEPING THE PEACE

Welcome to the forum Grass. Hope you find what your looking for here. We are all very glad to see new faces. Feel free to discuss as much or as little as you want. We dont find much inopropriate here. :crazy-eye

curls up safe.

Thanks guys/gals

I'm only just starting to come to terms with a lot of stuff that happened in childhood (so coming to terms is an exaduration) I'm being hit over the head with memories tha I don't know how to deal with. How do you make them go away? How can you explain to people that hey, some days I'm stuck in a place I couldn't escape from then and sure as hell don't want to face now.

It's one big circle, I remember, I panic and I self harm.

Hi...I'm a little nervous about this. We just passed the anniversary of 9/11. My husband was working as a newspaper photographer that day and he called to say he was going to the WTC. He was caught in the collapse of the first tower and went from being a fun loving surfer /photographer to being a reclusive..anxiety ridden...wreck. At times he is fine..other times (more and more it seems) he seems to be spiraling out of control...Anyway. I'm going to lurk for awhile and see what's going on here...Thanks.

Hi gr'ass & Jaynea

I'm sure you will find this to be a nice place to vent, discuss and learn. It took me back at first to learn there is whole cammunity out there that have the same feelings as one self but that is one of the best pills there is.
Jaynea is your hubby getting any kind of help?

GR'ass, hey..welcome. I still get hit with memories that somehow got buried. All of them from childhod. When they first started, I felt like I was being tortured. I couldn't sleep, eat, think, sometimes breathe....It really sucks and it feels endless....but it's not. I'm here to say that it's not endless.

oh, gr, and nam--same here. i thought i was crazy all of a sudden. had not heard of flashbacks, especially auditory. depression--lack of sleep--depression--flashbacks---depression, and so on. feels like somebody ran off with your mind, then shook it up and poured it back in. sometimes i think it's endless, too. i'm glad somebody knows it's not. it gives me hope.

Hey GR, welcome aboard and glad you found us. Townsville ha??? Just came from their last Christmas... 10yrs up their, now Melbourne... YEH!

GR, memories are our bodies way of telling us something is wrong, something needs to be dealt with, and our mind is trying to surface it, whilst at the same time another part of our mind is trying to supress it.

Its ok, and what you do and say here is at your own pace, nothing more, nothing less. The [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/forum32.html"]trauma diaries[/DLMURL] forum is open for private or public chat if you need more personal guidance or wish to publicly talk about the specifics of your trauma.

Childhood abuse is never nice... and it really is a shame that some people take advantage of a childs vunerability, and only think about themselves.

Last edited:
Beatle Bailey

Hi GR'ass glad to meet you and welcome I'm also new like 3 or 4 days I don't even no ... guess I could check
I don't really know what has gone on with you yet but if you got what I got PTSD then I can relate to what your head is doing to you ,,
My Heart goes out to anyone who has this shit ,, and I wish you well in your quest for some peace of mind a bit of sleep would be welcome to hah
Beatle :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back