Postpartum sensory overload

L

LL133

Hi, I just had a baby 3 months ago. I’ve had PTSD for years.. it was pretty well managed and I’ve never had much of an issue with physical touch and intimacy with my boyfriend but ever since I gave birth I can’t even handle my thigh being touched.... any touching/intimacy overstimulates me so bad that I shove his hand away. I can add that our relationship hasn’t been the best because having a baby has caused a lot of tension but I wouldn’t think that would be the reason for this. Has anyone experienced this or knows what the cause could be?

JGTRG

Not Active
Hi, I just had a baby 3 months ago. I’ve had PTSD for years.. it was pretty well managed and I’ve never had much of an issue with physical touch and intimacy with my boyfriend but ever since I gave birth I can’t even handle my thigh being touched.... any touching/intimacy overstimulates me so bad that I shove his hand away. I can add that our relationship hasn’t been the best because having a baby has caused a lot of tension but I wouldn’t think that would be the reason for this. Has anyone experienced this or knows what the cause could be?
Well, I wouldn’t say it’s PTSD related, however, I don’t know your background. As a Mother myself, I don’t think having little interest in someone touching THAT area wouldn’t be unusual, it’s only been three months. It’s amazing how much your body and desires changes post-birth. It could be just a time thing, if it persists, maybe look more into it. Also, a baby causing friction in a relationship, isn’t unusual either!