• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Posttraumatic stress affects academics

Status
Not open for further replies.

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caused by traumatic military experiences is associated with feelings of anxiety, anger, sadness and/or guilt. New research is evaluating how PTSD symptoms increase risks for academic difficulties as well.
qoeAQHhNWSM

Dead Link Removed

Thanks @Friday I should know some more today. I went in to talk to him yesterday to tell him I haven't been eating or sleeping over this testing because it's been that bothersome to me and I would like to withdraw from it because it's affecting my physical health. He couldn't see me because he was with another client, but I did mention it to the director of the program. I think the message must have been relayed because he called my cell later in the evening and left me a voice mail. I'll be meeting up with him today to discuss this further.

Yeah....just postponed writing up my PhD thesis until I can get my sh!t together. One of my supervisors is a psychologist (not clinical). He made a very insightful comment that made me understand why I can kick @r$e at work but not complete my thesis. Work is task oriented. Thesis writing couldn't be more different. It made me feel slightly less of a failure.

Yeah... this is the kind of thing that without documentation they start trying to rediagnose as something else / take back benefits. Like sleeping being affected :rolleyes: Blew my mind a few years ago when sleep + PTSD was being studied like crazy. Come to find? VA was trying to re-rate people with not service connected sleep disorders, because it was so commonly understood apparently it hadn’t been well studied. So once again, water had to be shown as scientifically proven as wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back