• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Pot and effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTSD spouse

New Here
my hubby was on medicinal pot for a while then moved to a state that its illegal. the ptsd symptoms were better with pot . he wants to go back on but doesn't want to move again, any suggestions?

my wife is looking into CBD oil (legal in all 50 states); she really wants me to try it, and all the research she has done has shown favorable results. I'm skeptical but this might be an option.

the pot that worked for my hubby was high in thc , for his anxiety the oil didn't help him much

it took him a while to find the right blend that worked for him

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve really only got a few choices if he wants to be on something to manage his symptoms... move, buy illegally, try a different medication.

Road trip.

Transporting a controlled substance across state lines adds drug trafficking charges to drug possession charges. And if it’s in a quantity bigger than about 1/8th (of an ounce)? Like buying enough for personal use for a week or month? Expect intent to distribute charges to be added on, as well. Because you can’t prove a negative / ie that you weren’t going to sell it. Instead of maybe 5 years in prison, everyone in the car is looking at -potentially- 15 to 20 years.

Unless you have a good lawyer. But if you’ve got the minimum 20k for a bare bones legal defense (much less 6 figures for a good legal defense), you’ve got enough to both live elsewhere &/OR be seized by the govt. as unlawful gains (until you can prove via a thorough forensic audit exactly where every penny came from... which is about 10k and takes months). So it’s a bit of a catch22. And it’s automatic papaerwork filed in drug trafficking cases, freeze their assets to stop their business ventures & ability to flee the jurisdiction. Criminals park lawyer funds in accounts they’re not associated with, so the govt. can’t seize them, but AvgJoe just loses everything, including a legal defense better than a public defender can scrounge up.

Last edited:
I agree with Friday - bringing cannabis from a legal state into an illegal state is extremely risky. I would say it's actually less risky to find a dealer and obtain it illegally. Of course, it depends on what state you live in. In my Northeastern state, I would face significantly less of a penalty than I would in Texas or Florida, both of which occasionally effectively send people to jail for life for non-dealing possession offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back