• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Praozin

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogthroat

MyPTSD Pro
I'm currently on 1 mg of Praozin. I take it every night. I also take 20 mg of Lexapro. I don't have nightmares but my dreams are still pretty vivid and weird. Anyone have trouble falling asleep on praozin? I know it's a side affect of Lexapro too. I just wanted to know if anyone felt funky when they added praozin to their medication regimine.

If you mean prazosin, I’m on 2mg nightly. When I first started it, I had adventurous, vivid dreams that were pretty awesome. They calmed down after about two weeks or so.

I can’t remember if I had trouble falling asleep at first or not. I do know that, now, having been on that medication since 2016 or so, I sleep much better with it then without it.

It has a tendency to prevent alcohol from being broken down in the liver as quickly, so if you drink before bed that may make sleep feel way less satisfying, since the brain may not make it into REM properly. Otherwise, I think you’ll adjust pretty quickly. Prazosin is one of the most common drugs for PTSD-related nightmares, so you’ve got a lot of company! :D

I always had vivid dreams but I never thought about it effecting my ability to fall asleep, so the answer is possibly, but didn't make the connection.

I'm currently on 1 mg of Praozin. I take it every night. I also take 20 mg of Lexapro. I don't have nightmares but my dreams are still pretty vivid and weird. Anyone have trouble falling asleep on praozin? I know it's a side affect of Lexapro too. I just wanted to know if anyone felt funky when they added praozin to their medication regimine.

Yeah, I used to have really weird dreams on Prasozin. After a while it stopped working and I had nightmares that were basically on steroids so I switched to Topomax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back