• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Prazosin......anyone take the xl version? need dosing help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveHarrington

MyPTSD Pro
Yes I know, go ask your doctor. I will be doing that as I need someone to prescribe the stuff, lol.

I’m taking Prazosin. Just started on Tuesday. Started at 1mg, then bumped up to 2mg. I couldn’t handle 2mg so went back to 1mg, but since I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night, I took a 1mg middle of the night dose as well. No wonder with a 2-3 hour half life! Lol. The 1 + 1 dosing got me through the night.

I see that there is a mini press XL (non generic version is mini press). I’m wondering if anyone takes the XL version. I’m not sure if there is a generic XL version though.

I see that the med helps with anxiety, too. I wish I had known. I never asked for it before as my nightmares were never that bad. But yeah, now that I’m finally getting enough essential vitamins and minerals in my diet, I’m more suceptible to night disturbances. Go figure.

CLARIFICATION.

I am asking if anyone takes the XL version of this med for PTSD purposes. Sorry if I was not clear.

Last edited:
Doctors, pharmacists, isn't there something like a hotline for acute cases just like yours?

(Not snarky. I mean it. I'm not sure asking an online forum this is wise.)

Yes I know, go ask your doctor. I will be doing that as I need someone to prescribe the stuff, lo...

I have not. I was first prescribed 2 mgs about 8 months ago but it made me so dizzy in the morning I could not sit up or walk without falling (which I am really good at anyway having Fibromyalgia. I can't feel my feet for 8 years now.) I just read that the drug is the same as the hcl and the body reacts the same, generally and lasts for 10 to 24 hours. I am currently on the 1 mg hcl and it helps me relax easier. I did not realize that I was having nightmares/night terrors until I stopped taking it altogether. I just never remember dreaming at all (good or bad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back