Complete Privacy

• Thread starter Deleted member 28403
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 28403

So, I've come to the tough decision.

I want to wipe this from my history as much as possible. Delete the account.

This is something I talked to you guys a while back but couldn't pull the trigger on. Well, now I'm ready.

Some other stragglers that expose my old username:

1. A bunch of screenshots of my profile that are top result of google and featured as part of a tutorial on using the site Using The Profile Pop-up: Report, Ignore, Follow, Or Start A Conversation

2. Tags that mention my old username on different posts (would these change if the account is deleted?)

If deleted, can I make another account?
Could some of the posts with my identifiable info (photo etc) be removed? I was a minor then.

anthony

Founder
Anything that has not taken up your current username, will not change, as they are not system controlled.

If you delete your profile, you can do as you like, as we won't have any account to cross reference you against, however, nothing you do will change what is available online already in Google or the Internet Archive, and any statement you make connecting you to the old account, will easily be discovered and then associated to the deleted profile name given. This includes any sayings you repeat, statements of past, etc, all of which can be cross referenced from a new account to old with nothing more than a little time in search. Unless you can change your personality, this won't work for you.

All this means, your logic of making no trace here will not happen. Google does not forget nor the Internet Archive. The content will still be associated on those sites to your old and anything other usernames you have chosen. A little searching and anyone can associate you.

The only way you can be anonymous online, is to NOT BE ONLINE in the first place.

D

Deleted member 28403

Yep, I'm aware of that, just trying to push it away from the frontpage results.

anthony

Founder
just trying to push it away from the frontpage results
Google will always show your content front page when you know what to search for. Deleting your profile, we assign a random deleted username to your content. So all your content is now still searchable against that random username.

This is why we tell people, once you post it online, its there forever. Because its true.

D

Deleted member 28403

Yep, but stuff like the tutorial featuring my profile etc and tags that don't change are problematic still.

anthony

Founder
Yep. This is the issue with online communities and social networks, you post something, but then people share it, capture it, etc, removing it entirely from within your control. Back to, its always online and there's nothing anyone can really do about it. Scrubbing yourself online is near impossible.

If you want to delete your profile, let me know.