• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Private Diaries Closures

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I have closed 12 private diaries that are no longer active, ie. have not been active in over six months now. I will do this to those diaries as they become inactive, so scope is available for others to take them up. This affects only the private diary section.

The Future

I will likely close down the private diaries all together once I have more video / audio capability built-in to the forum, where instead of typing, one can record audio or complete video/audio and send via email / attachments for ease of use. Obviously written version will be made available to those on dialup, though those with high speed www access would be better using these newer methods, where more information can be portrayed faster. It is much quicker to view / listen and respond with video than read and respond.

This will certainly speedup the way I interact with people, basically speaking. All other diaries will still be open for normal use. The private diary is the only that will likely be axed because it is the only diary where it is me alone having to manage, respond and support people.

Now I have minimized the private diaries to a more acceptable level for myself to cater, I have now opened them once again for new diaries to be created from members. I will no doubt close them again soon enough from any new one's being once again created. The private trauma diaries are for one on one with me.

Anthony, I have a question about this. Will the members who have these diaries down simply be locked? I know you are pretty anti delete so my assumption is they will still be readable for reference but thought I would ask. I know I forget so much easily and lose what I do recall and my diary helps greatly with that.

I do not lock diaries unless they are unused for a period longer than six months. When I lock that forum it is only from new threads being created, not from those existing members who I cater posting to their private diary. Members will always have read rights to their diary typically. The only exception I could think of is that if a member had a diary in the PTSD trauma diaries, then did something really stupid to lose access to that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back