• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Private Messaging System Adjustment Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I have made an adjustment to the private messaging system, where "moderated members" are now no longer able to use the PM system. It is for registered members and above, which now avoids those with little to no intent other than to cause trouble and make strife, no more avenues in which to do it unless becoming a registered member, meaning they have been moderated for validity first.

I am sad to see that the PM ability is lost to new moderated members....If I couldn't have PM'd you I doubt that I would have had the courage to get going on all my PTSD issues....I know that the PM service has been misused especially recently and can understand the issues involved....just sad to see it abused and to be discontinued....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

Well, considering Wilds question. I would think moderated members could still PM moderators. Can they, Anthony?

Nope... If a moderated member need contact an editor, they simply use the forum contact form to do so or post it for other to read. It is sad wildfire, though people abuse it, so what choices do I have really?

I agree it is sad, however all of the unpleasant messages I have received as Carers editor came from moderated members. None were "full" members. So unfortunately it does seem there is little choice, unless one wants to continue receiving such messages on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back