• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD advice and Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue89

New Here
Good afternoon. I'm really after some advice. Me and my partner were together for 8/9 months. It was the happiest I've ever been. It was long distance but communication was never an issue. I then lost a very close family member and asked my partner to be a bit more supportive and check in as I was naturally low. This made him even more distance and slowly but surely communication got weaker. Trying to fight for the relationship, I went to see him more often but he was cold and didn't want to touch me. It was at this point he told me he has PTSD this was from an ex partner who abused him. This was a week ago. He said its the worst he's felt and he was like an empty shell with no feelings or emotions and didn't know what he wanted... including me. It went from everything to nothing almost overnight. We then broke up and he said he didn't want to bring me down but I wanted to be that person that was there for him. He has also sent a message to another ex but assured me there was nothing in the message but he didnt know why he did it. This hurt me too as he couldnt communicate with me but text his ex who was also toxic at one point. I continued to call and text but his responses were few and far between until 4 days ago when they stopped completely. I sent a really nice video message saying I didn't hate him and I wish I understood what he was going through but he just hasn't replied. I'm heartbroken. I know I've pushed but I only tried to help. He hasn't blocked me off any social media or my number. Will he likely ever get back in touch. It's killing me. I've tried to be as nice as possible but none of it makes sense. Please help.

Good afternoon. I'm really after some advice. Me and my partner were together for 8/9 months. It was the happiest I've ever been. It was long distance but communication was never an issue. I then lost a very close family member and asked my partner to be a bit more supportive and check in as I was naturally low. This made him even more distance and slowly but surely communication got weaker. Trying to fight for the relationship, I went to see him more often but he was cold and didn't want to touch me. It was at this point he told me he has PTSD this was from an ex partner who abused him. This was a week ago. He said its the worst he's felt and he was like an empty shell with no feelings or emotions and didn't know what he wanted... including me. It went from everything to nothing almost overnight. We then broke up and he said he didn't want to bring me down but I wanted to be that person that was there for him. He has also sent a message to another ex but assured me there was nothing in the message but he didnt know why he did it. This hurt me too as he couldnt communicate with me but text his ex who was also toxic at one point. I continued to call and text but his responses were few and far between until 4 days ago when they stopped completely. I sent a really nice video message saying I didn't hate him and I wish I understood what he was going through but he just hasn't replied. I'm heartbroken. I know I've pushed but I only tried to help. He hasn't blocked me off any social media or my number. Will he likely ever get back in touch. It's killing me. I've tried to be as nice as possible but none of it makes sense. Please help.
Sorry this is a repeat of a previous post I'd lost.

@Blue89 I've moved your original post over into the Supporters forum, which you seem to have found. Just in case, you can find it here.

I'll lock this thread to prevent duplication, but if you have any questions you can send us a message at Contact Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back