• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Study PTSD and help-seeking behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlane7

New Here
Have you ever been diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
Are you at least 18 years old and currently in a romantic relationship?
If so, you are eligible to participate in a brief survey regarding mental health and relationships.
We are a team of university researchers, investigating the relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder and intimate relationships. Through the data collected in our survey we hope to determine the ways in which partners communicate around mental health concerns and how this relates to help-seeking behavior for those concerns.

Note: We do not expect this study to cause distress beyond that experience in everyday life. We will ask briefly about your trauma history. If at any point you wish to discontinue the study, you can do so without penalty.

If you would like to begin the survey, please click here:
https://tinyurl.com/elonptsdstudy
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Hi the TinyUrl link makes me hesistant to click. Can you provide the institutional link instead?

It maybe helpful to share your teams credentials and if the study has been approved by the ethics board. Contact of person overseeing study, etc.

without penalty.
This also made me uncomfortable. My PTSd locks scans words and nuances that can be of threat... even if it is all good n safe with well intentions.

Have you ever been diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
Are you at least 18 years old and currently in a romantic relationship?
If so, you are eligible to participate in a brief survey regarding mental health and relationships.
We are a team of university researchers, investigating the relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder and intimate relationships. Through the data collected in our survey we hope to determine the ways in which partners communicate around mental health concerns and how this relates to help-seeking behavior for those concerns.

Note: We do not expect this study to cause distress beyond that experience in everyday life. We will ask briefly about your trauma history. If at any point you wish to discontinue the study, you can do so without penalty.

If you would like to begin the survey, please click here:
https://tinyurl.com/elonptsdstudy
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Who are you with? This is very vague.

Hi Folks! Here is the direct link to the survey. I am a student researcher at Elon University in Burlington, NC. I am working with my faculty mentor, Dr. CJ Fleming, to study the interplay between intimate relationships and PTSD.

You are being asked to take part in a research study. To join the study is voluntary. You may refuse to join, or you may withdraw your consent to be in the study, for any reason, without penalty. You may choose not to be in the study or to stop the survey before it is over at any time. There are no risks in participating in this survey beyond those experienced in everyday life. Some of the survey questions are personal and you might experience emotional discomfort while answering them. You are under no obligation to take the survey, but we would appreciate your response so that we can better serve people with PTSD. If you complete the survey, you will be entered into a raffle for one of several Amazon gift cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back