• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD and narcissism

If I set a boundary, he chastises me and twists it or ignores it. He knows my triggers and uses them all. First he withholds, denies needs, then threatens legal, authorise, medical professionals, taking children, accuses and blames. Then babe calls, attacks mental health, withdraws someone thing financial,

If I set a boundary, he chastises me and twists it or ignores it. He knows my triggers and uses them all. First he withholds, denies needs, then threatens legal, authorise, medical professionals, taking children, accuses and blames. Then babe calls, attacks mental health, withdraws someone thing financial,
@Evie loves Sam, I'm truly sorry to hear about the extent of manipulation and harm you're experiencing in this challenging situation. It must be incredibly distressing and overwhelming to navigate such destructive behaviors from this individual. Your safety and well-being remain a top priority.

Given the complexity of the dynamics involved and the severity of the tactics used, it's crucial to seek support from professionals who specialize in trauma and abusive situations. Have you considered speaking with a therapist, counselor, or advocate who has experience in dealing with controlling and manipulative individuals? They can help you develop strategies to cope with these behaviors and explore options for establishing healthier boundaries.

Additionally, reaching out to local support services or organizations that focus on domestic abuse or coercive control may provide you with the tools and resources needed to navigate this challenging situation. You deserve to feel safe and supported in your environment.

Remember, you are not alone, and there are professionals and organizations equipped to assist you in navigating these difficult circumstances. Your well-being is paramount, and seeking help is a courageous step toward reclaiming your autonomy and safety. If you need further assistance or guidance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Charities can’t help. They recognise the behavior. But all they can do is signpost.
@Evie loves Sam, I hear your frustration and disappointment in feeling like support services are limited in their ability to provide direct intervention in your situation. It can be incredibly disheartening when faced with such challenges in seeking assistance.

While it can be discouraging, it's essential to continue exploring all available resources and options to address the abusive dynamics you're experiencing. Have you considered discussing your concerns and the limitations you're facing with a mental health professional, such as a trauma therapist or psychologist? They may be able to offer additional support, guidance, and therapeutic strategies to help you navigate this difficult situation.

In the meantime, focusing on self-care and establishing boundaries as best you can within your current circumstances can also be beneficial. Remember that taking care of yourself is crucial, and seeking help and support is a courageous step toward healing and empowerment.

If you ever feel overwhelmed or need to talk more about your situation, please feel free to reach out. Your well-being matters, and you deserve the support and care you need to navigate these challenging circumstances.

I have two hours of therapy a week. I’ve been in therapy for a while. He continues and I get more and more beaten down. I’m tired. I have little strength left. He’s removed support networks. I was isolated from my family and he continues to make sure I’m isolated from them. I’m scared fir us.

I have two hours of therapy a week. I’ve been in therapy for a while. He continues and I get more and more beaten down. I’m tired. I have little strength left. He’s removed support networks. I was isolated from my family and he continues to make sure I’m isolated from them. I’m scared fir us.
@Evie loves Sam, it's commendable that you're actively engaged in therapy to address the challenges you're facing. However, it's concerning to hear that despite your efforts, this individual continues to exert control and isolate you from your support networks, further impacting your well-being.

Given the ongoing nature of the abuse and the emotional toll it's taking on you, it's crucial to prioritize your safety and explore additional strategies to protect yourself and your family. Have you discussed these escalating concerns with your therapist? They may be able to provide tailored support, coping mechanisms, and resources to help you navigate the complexities of the situation.

In circumstances where support networks have been compromised, reaching out to local community organizations, crisis hotlines, or domestic violence shelters may offer additional avenues for assistance. They can provide guidance, safety planning, and resources to help you navigate this challenging situation and access the support you need.

Remember, you are not alone, and there are professionals and organizations ready to support you. Your safety is vital, and seeking help is a courageous step toward reclaiming your autonomy and well-being. If you need further guidance or assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Your well-being matters, and you deserve to feel safe and supported.

I’m afraid we won’t achieve empowerment. We won’t last long enough. Boundaries don’t work. He creates chaos, having to run around all over the place at his behavior. It doesn’t feel empowering.

I’m afraid we won’t achieve empowerment. We won’t last long enough. Boundaries don’t work. He creates chaos, having to run around all over the place at his behavior. It doesn’t feel empowering.
@Evie loves Sam, I hear the distress and despair in your words, and it's understandable to feel overwhelmed and discouraged by the ongoing chaos and manipulation in your situation. It can be incredibly challenging when boundaries seem ineffective, and the cycle of abuse continues to escalate, leaving you feeling drained and powerless.

In situations where traditional boundary-setting may not be effective due to the manipulative tactics used by the individual, exploring alternative strategies with the support of a therapist or advocate can be beneficial. Have you discussed the impact of the manipulation and chaos on your well-being with your therapist? They can assist you in developing tailored approaches to cope with the complexities of the situation and support your journey toward empowerment.

Additionally, focusing on self-care practices, even in small ways, can help bolster your resilience and emotional strength amidst the turmoil. Whether it's engaging in mindfulness exercises, connecting with supportive friends (if possible), or seeking moments of respite, prioritizing your well-being is crucial during this challenging time.

Remember, empowerment can take different forms and may evolve gradually as you navigate this difficult situation. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and it's essential to prioritize self-care and seek support when needed. If you would like to explore strategies to cope with the chaos and manipulation further, please feel free to share your thoughts or concerns. You are not alone, and support is available to help you through this challenging time.

The charities have waiting lists. They can’t help with what we need help with. Their service is over subscribed. They sign post in circles back to each other. There is nothing that can be done. We are on our own.

The charities have waiting lists. They can’t help with what we need help with. Their service is over subscribed. They sign post in circles back to each other. There is nothing that can be done. We are on our own.
@Evie loves Sam, it's disheartening to hear about the challenges you're facing with accessing the support you need due to waiting lists and over-subscribed services within charitable organizations. Feeling like you're in a cycle of referrals and unable to find the assistance required can be incredibly frustrating and isolating.

While the current limitations in accessing external support may be daunting, it's essential to remember that there are still avenues to explore, even during times of difficulty. Have you and your therapist discussed alternative resources or strategies to navigate the gaps in available support services? They may have insights or connections to community resources that could offer assistance in a different capacity.

In situations where external support is limited, prioritizing self-care, setting boundaries where possible, and seeking moments of respite can help buffer the impact of the challenges you're facing. Additionally, exploring online support groups or forums focused on trauma and abuse recovery could provide a sense of community and understanding during this time.

Remember, reaching out for help, even in unconventional ways, is a valid and courageous step in prioritizing your well-being. If you ever feel overwhelmed or need to talk through your concerns further, please feel free to reach out. You are not alone in this journey, and support is available, even in unexpected places.

What are the different forms of empowerment?
@Evie loves Sam, empowerment can manifest in various forms, tailored to individual experiences and needs. It involves reclaiming autonomy, building self-efficacy, and fostering resilience in the face of adversity. Some avenues through which empowerment can be fostered include:

1. **Self-awareness:** Understanding one's thoughts, emotions, and triggers can empower individuals to navigate challenges with greater insight and clarity.

2. **Setting boundaries:** Establishing and upholding boundaries in relationships and interactions can help create a sense of agency and control over personal space and well-being.

3. **Self-advocacy:** Speaking up for one's needs, rights, and values can empower individuals to assert themselves in various contexts and advocate for their well-being.

4. **Skill-building:** Developing coping strategies, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities can enhance self-confidence and efficacy in managing stressors.

5. **Community support:** Engaging with supportive networks, whether online or offline, can offer validation, understanding, and a sense of connection that fosters empowerment.

6. **Education and information:** Accessing resources, psychoeducation, and support services can empower individuals to make informed decisions and take proactive steps towards healing and growth.

7. **Cognitive reframing:** Challenging negative beliefs, reframing perspectives, and cultivating self-compassion can empower individuals to overcome self-doubt and cultivate a sense of agency.

8. **Creativity and expression:** Engaging in creative pursuits, such as art, writing, or music, can provide a channel for self-expression, release emotional tension, and foster empowerment through creativity.

Exploring these forms of empowerment, along with personalized approaches guided by therapy and self-reflection, can support you in reclaiming agency and resilience in your journey towards healing and growth. How do you feel these forms of empowerment resonate with your experiences, and are there specific areas where you'd like to focus on nurturing empowerment further?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back