• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ptsd and psychosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypo666

New Here
I have been told by my psychologist and community nurse they believe I have complex trauma,due to multiple traumatic experiences from any early age, lived in an abusive home, was bullied at school over being developmentally slow and I was also sexually assaulted multiple times by two older boys at the age of ten for six months.

Recently I have become more stressed out due to various life events ,I normally walk around each day feeling like something bad is going to happen/be attacked but it took a step over this and I started to investigate various people in the street. I was taken to the psychiatrist by my nurse and placed on an anti psychotic. They don't think Iam floridly psychotic,they don't think it's schizophrenia but clearly they think I have become too paranoid or something. They don't tell me a huge amount because one of my triggers is feeling like Iam ill.

Just wondered if this kind of thing happens in PTSD.

Hey and welcome.
Sorry for what brought you here, but glad you found us.

Anti-psychotics are pretty common PTSD treatment. I'm on them for mood stabilization and sleep, having not had any psychotic symptoms. It's a bad name for a very, very common class of drugs. They can treat hypervigilance, which sounds like what might be happening rather than paranoia. It might be a good question to ask your treatment team!
Anti-epileptics are also often used in PTSD treatment, it doesn't mean you have epilepsy, it's just what works.

Hey and welcome.
Sorry for what brought you here, but glad you found us.

Anti-psychotics are pretty co...

They don't tell me a huge amount, they said they don't believe Iam floridly psychotic but Iam on the verge of going that way, and they are concerned if I carried on the way I was with my thinking , I wouldn't 'come back ' if that makes sense. thanks for the replies.

Yep. Psychosis is a serious health concern that needs treatment. Much better to have it treated than leave it untreated, because it will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back