• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer PTSD Feedback & Getting The Right Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNSANTY

New Here
I have been suffering from ptsd for 14 years and am at my bitter end any feedback would help

Hello, my name is Deb.
I have long standing PTSD from combat in Iraq while in the Army. Includes war related things and sexual trauma. have had treatment on and off since that time and currently am in intensive CPT therapy along with meds.
I have isolated myself for years from others despite being surrounded by other people. My relationship with my spouse sucks, I can't work, I suck at parenting, and I feel like I walk around in circles all day.
I hate myself and who I am. I think of the person I should have been and it is devastating. It feels like I just can not move forward towards healing. I haven't given up and I will continue to fight the fight for healing.

I am here to be among others who understand what this feels like. I just don't think people get it until they live it.
I survived a crane accident that killed the 6 other people in my crew. survivor guilt sucks. I have lost my family my sanity my self esteem etc. etc. etc. I don't know where to go from here. I am going through the same spectrum of emotions

hello john. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

could "bitter end" be the same phenom as, "hitting bottom?" in my own case, i had to hit an emotional bottom before the willingness to recover could rise above the denial and repression. before i reached that emotional bottom, i was utterly convinced i could overcome my symptoms by sheer force of will. where there's a will, there's a way and my stubborn streak is willful enough to squash any good intentions. turns out that strength of will doesn't have any more power to heal a wounded psyche than it has to heal a broken leg. sometimes willpower is not enough.

but that is me and every case is unique.
steadying support while you find your own healing path. welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum.

Can I ask you what you have tried so far? Have you taken any medications? Have you tried any kinds of therapy? This might help us point you in the right direction so we don’t recommend things that you’ve already tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back