• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ptsd From Strict Religious Upbringing And Bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodhi

New Here
Hello all.

I'm 29 years old and still dealing with the effects of trauma inflicted when I was really young. It's taken years of therapy and medication to get as far as I have. I've learned to set healthier boundaries, to stand up for myself more, to build positive relationships with family members, and to accept myself more every day.

Every day I struggle with making basic conversation with people and not disconnecting emotionally. My aim in posting to this forum is to stay in touch with other people who have struggled to release built-up emotions, who understand what it's like to switch medications while holding a full-time job,etc., and to help those who are struggling to find their path in life with PTSD.

Bodhi

Hi Bodhi.

Welcome to the PTSD forum. You are going to find some really good people here. Very caring people. I'm sorry you had problems growing up. I think most of us here did. I'm glad you got the right kind of therapy and medication. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. You are doing the right things. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the forum. I have watched my husband struggle through various medication changes and withdrawals, all the while maintaining his role as our primary breadwinner. I know it is a really tough road. I am glad you found the forum and hope you can find healing here.

Thank you all for your welcome messages :) I feel like this is a place where I may be able to share my story of what's happened over the past few months so I can process and move on. I don't feel like posting it in public,but if anyone here feels like they can "listen" on-line and let me tell my story, feel free to private message me. it's pretty crazy and I lashed out at people who were trying to help me, because I was in a bad place. my behaviour last month was really strange and I'm still trying to make heads or tails of it. If anyone can "listen" to my story in a pm while being non-judgemental and supportive, I'd appreciate it.

Hi and Welcome to the PTSD Forum. Take your time and learn your way around. There is a lot of information on the home page which brings clarity.

I would be happy to listen via pm. We do not judge here. For your own best interest please read the New Member Rules.

The rules are straightforward and with every ones best interest. Welcome!

Hi Bodhi - have you looked in the Trauma Diary section? It's not private, but people do need to be Members in order to read threads in there. Perhaps you could start a diary and begin with your feelings day to day before you decide whether to trust it enough to put down things about your past? Just a thought. I hope that it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back