Study PTSD link to pandemic fears

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
A new study of 1040 online participants from five western countries explores people's response to the stresses of the escalating pandemic, finding more than 13 percent of the sample had post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) related symptoms consistent with levels necessary to qualify for a clinical diagnosis.
8p4NTIMpqJU

Continue reading...

Friday

related symptoms consistent with levels necessary to qualify for a clinical diagnosis
I HATE this part right here.

Pleeeeeeenty of people are actually going to be developing PTSD from the pandemic // via actual CritA trauma experienced during the pandemic. But the symptoms of PTSD? Exist in other diagnoses, without precipitating trauma. Just looking at people’s symptoms? Doesn’t qualify someone for a PTSD diagnosis. Brick wall. Bang head. Brick wall. Bang head.

Why not just title these bullshit studies “Can we dilute this disorder even more, f*ck criterion creep let’s just wholly IGNORE some criterion, & make it even harder for people who actually have it to sort???”

🤬

joeylittle

Administrator
I hear you. Drives me nuts too.
Pleeeeeeenty of people are actually going to be developing PTSD from the pandemic // via actual CritA trauma experienced during the pandemic.
Bolded for emphasis. There's going to be a lot of confusion around this, I suspect...people confusing the anxiety around dying with the actual fear that is linked to death or near-death. Two very different things, IMO.