• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ptsd, micromanagement, and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahershey

Learning
I quit my job Feb 2. I just walked out after leaving a note with my key taped to it. I left before telling off the new District Manager
She is a micro-manager. Her management felt like abuse. My PTSD developed from domestic violence about 7 years ago. Working for a control freak is like being back in the abusive environment. So, after a couple months of triggers and PTSD symptoms worsening, I quit. Without another job in hand. (As I had planned when the issues arose).
I did not tell my workplace about PTSD. Few understand it, including my support network. I quit my job while I was having small PTSD episodes. It has been my experience that the small ones lead to catastrophic life altering episodes. Like a boiling kettle left too long.
I am really glad I quit my job. It took about a month to find a better position. I was able to focus on working through the PTSD symptoms during the time I was looking for employment. Also, I got a certification during that time. I was able to change my way of living, too, that reduced the cost of living by half and enabled me to enroll in school.
I thought a lot about how PTSD changed my working life. I was sad and upset that skills I have used for 20 years are no longer assests to me. I feared that I would have to take some packaging job to support my family. But then, I saw this as an opportunity to do things I could not with a conventional occupation, and found it easy make my life suit me, and how I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back