• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ptsd/post abortion syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically: sleeping too much or not being able to sleep, anxiety (which has like 1000 physical symptoms), hyper-awareness of one's body, body aches and pains, etc.

Finding the right therapist is a must. Some therapists have never treated anyone with PTSD. CBT and exposure therapy only go so far. It's better to have a therapist trained in dealing with PTSD.

Yeah, I had terrible anxiety with mine. I already had anxiety before, but it shot through the roof after my traumatic event. I was more prone to it, but many people develop anxiety eventually if they don't deal with their issues. Anxiety is the flip side to depression. You sound depressed now. I would hate for you do develop anxiety later on.

What is PAS?

Thanks!

In a side note I’m still dumbfounded about how PTSD can come without anx...

Some people just fall into deep depression. They still may get the flashbacks and dreams and worries that go with it, but instead of being anxious, they just shut down. Most people are the anxious PTSD type, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back