• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD Specific Video Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I want to do my take on a video series I would like to release here for people, ie. those that want to watch me give my 2 cents on any topic related to PTSD, typically if it helps you, even better as it will likely help another.

If you have any specific questions you would like me to answer, discuss, etc, then please list them and I will do a video series based around them. Short video's where I can get more across in less effort and time, without need to repeat myself across posting.

Fire away if you want my two cents and perspective on particular topics of interest to yourself. Please... lets discuss each to get more information out if needed.

If anyone else wants to do video's of topics, more than welcome and I will convert them and upload here in flash format.

Are you speaking of cause and effect? Or things like guilt and anger? I just want to get a better idea.

I know this may strange but how about a "how to set up a household for PTSD families"

Like a area for the sufferer to go to if needed.
Daily whiteboards for the family to communicate doc appts, sports etc.
Code of conduct if needed.

Just a few ideas, if we can make your home environment user friendly then it's a bonus for all the family.

How to deal with flashbacks? Like, how can you deal with something if it is intruding into your mind and disabling you the minute you think towards it?

Anthony,

As I have look back to the symptoms that I dealt with in the past.........anxiety, panic, fear, paranoia, agoraphobia, ect.....How about a session on the aspect, that these are just feelings, and how to work yourself down from them, once they grab hold....We all know how scary they can be when you are in a strangle hold of one (or more)

JMO...

Thanks,

Wen

One that just came to mind, so I am putting it here for later reference: video for males outlining they are not a lesser male for simply being honest emotionally with themselves.

Umm.. something along the lines of accepting your ptsd and this is you now. You can't go back.

It's okay to be sick, take time for yourself, the importance of self care.

Where to start to healing. What people should be looking for and what they need to be doing. A good intro to getting better kinda thing.

Another one is the whole we have needs and it's okay. We have emotions and that's okay too. Now how do we deal with it...

Hell I could go on for hours!

bec

I'm not sure if this makes but it is sort of along the lines of what Bec has said:
The chance to grieve for the "old you" & embracing the new version. ( I think that it is important for carers to do the same in relation to their loved one)

Wouldn't mind answers about self harming (and other addictions) and PTSD(is there an actual link with SHing?)\

Also, maybe a guideline on how partners can deal with a PTSD survivor (this coming from me, who often wakes up swinging. I am so glad Luke has learnt how to dodge quickly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back