• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Question About Anxiety For Anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

MyPTSD Pro
After all the training I've had and studying I've done sometimes I just want to hear it from someone else who might know how it feels. At the moment and other times when I get jumpy, My lips tingle, my shoulders tingle and of course I have a fullness in my chest. When it really cranks up every bone I've ever broke hurts really bad and I get bad muscle aches. Does any of this sound familar or is it me. Iv'e talked to some doc's about it and most blow off the pain stuff with the exception of a doc friend who moved to a new pratice in CO. Man I wish he was here. :drugs: Just kidding but maybe not

It really seems to be with me like this... I get all the tingles, big pupils, racing heart and so on with too much stress but it is an anxiety attack, when they hit the point of I am "dying" and cannot get it through my head I am fine I chalk it up as a good panic attack. Though from what I read they are used interchangably. I live almost in a constant state of a regular easy going anxiety that no longer bothers me.

Too much stress which is day to day brings on all sorts of headaches and muscle pains and spasms (I have since learned a muscle spasm in your back can bring you to your knees!)

Old pains pop up after I trigger or do so without knowing I did. I learned this by doing it on purpose. I have bad kidney pains, it is a form of flash back as my kidneys are fine and it took a lot of thinking and searching my head and writing to figure it out, I can also feel other body pains that happened during different attacks. All of the spots I feel it are healed with no damage so again a flash back of sorts.

I have one sensation where I can actually feel things against my hands and it is very annoying. It stems from an attack and me pushing someone and I could swear if I closed my eyes I would be thrown right back.

Now old injuries that left a more permenant ache always flare up and I can't say I have honestly linked it to my anxiety. I think I have to much stress and cold weather going I would not be able to say one was effecting the other!

Sorry if that made no sense but is more how my body reacts. Anxiety can do just about any and every thing to it though.

Anxiety gives me muscle pain in old injuries and in places I've never been hurt. I even get pain in my belly button and about three inches south. This is an internal surgical scar from when I got my tubes tied...14 years ago and it's just started hurting in July of this year. This pain can radiate out towards my hips (which means limping that day) or up towards my chest. I guess it all depends on what the anxiety wants to do that day.

I recently had a massage therapist (not my regular) overwork my side and front neck muscles to the point I was in pain for about a week. When my stress goes up now, it feels like the muscles in my neck are going to close my throat. I tend to drink lots of water on those days...just to make sure everything stays open. That may not make a lot of sense, but it works for me.

Anxiety and muscle tension/pain can be a real bitch. My heating pad is my best friend on days when it really kicks up. I've also found that taking a hot bath with epsom salts (about two cups for a full bath) helps the muscle pain. The salts have magnesium that helps to relax the muscles.

Whatever might help I try. Hell, if I was told that running naked down Main Street would get rid of my anixety and the muscle pain for a while-I'd be a running fool! :tongue:

Hell, if I was told that running naked down Main Street would get rid of my anixety and the muscle pain for a while-I'd be a running fool!

ROFLMAO Thanks!

I was wondering if it was immagined or not. Thanks much. As for running down the street naked. I would give it a try but I don't think the neibor's would want me too.

The site of me running naked down the street would not only cause anxiety with my neighbors but would probably bring another person to the lovely world of PTSD, TALK ABOUT TRAUMATIZED:moon: :moon: :cuckoo:

What would Sigmund have to say about the change in topic. (fingers on chin)HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

That we can be a bunch of goobers? But understanding ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back