• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Question for emt or nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous

MyPTSD Pro
I feel like an idiot. I am needing to give my cat subq fluids. It's ultra triggering for me. Tonight I had everything set and got the cat as settled as she gets but the needle touched my thumb before I stuck the cat. I didn't see any blood. No idea if I flushed the needle. Can't remember. I know I gave the cat fluids. A few seconds after sticking her I looked down and my thumb was gushing blood. Didn't stop for about ten minutes even with pressure.

Do you think blood transfer that small could hurt my cat? Probably a stupid question but I'm terrified. Subq is one of the few things I blank out on.

I don't think it will effect your cat at all.
I don't know your medical history or what happened exactly but it's highly unlikely to have transferred something to your kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back