• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood Question for women that have experienced csa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to put together the pieces of some of my past. Question: Could it burn to pee after childhood sexual abuse even in the absence of a UTI? I remember that after it happened, it would always burn a lot to pee for a while. It hurt so much that I would avoid peeing. Is that a thing? Or, am I just making it up? There are so many holes and gaps in what I remember. I have no idea.

It absolutely does. It’s one of the feelings that have followed me through my life. I still struggle to start urine flow. My body remembers the pain. I wish I could give you advice other than realizing it had that effect on you validates your memory. I mean think about how small we were, I bled the first time I was raped of course I didn’t have that word nor did I even know I had a vagina. The pain, oh god, it hurt so much I might have blacked out. He ripped me to shreds and later gave me a bath and to this day I won’t take a bath. It’s brutal.

It feels weird to like your post KwanYinGirl I started to write a similar answer, but made me so sad. This question is really making sad, so I'm going to take a little break. Thanks for asking the question cinderellafaye. Really sorry you are going through this... :(

I have been in such denial. The other day, I suddenly had an image of what might have been abuse and then the burning that always came after. I can remember just sitting on the toilet with the built up dread of the consequential pain of peeing.

I am starting to put together the pieces of some of my past. Question: Could it burn to pee af...
Hello :)

It is a thing. But it can be caused by a lot of stuff.

For example, anything that gets rubbed into the urethra can cause a burning sensation when peeing, because the tissue around the urethra is extremely sensitive and prone to irratiation.

Even if you are very dehydrated and therefore the urine had less water, the solvants in the urine can itself cause irritation to the urethra. Sex can because fluids can accidentally get pushed into the urethra, causing that burning.

So. No, you aren't making this up. This happened to me too. It also happened when my dad didn't get me enough to drink.

It happened when I got yeast infections as well, because yeast can also add irritants in the form of solvants to the urethra.

I got checked for STIs anyway because nurses like to be sure that those aren't responsible for the burning -- but in most cases, they aren't. It's usually something stuck in there, usually microscopic.

Tips for if it happens and you don't have an infection:
I know this sounds obvious, but don't use hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol or any other burns-until-its-numb chemicals.
This can cause long term damage and doesn't clean anything. It throws off vaginal biomes, actually. Besides hurting your skin. But I know I'm not the only one who has done it, but I thought I should add it here just in case.

What a gynecologist taught me was to take a COTTON white (no dyes) washcloth, soak it in warm water (not hot enough to burn you or hurt, just warm), and hold it to your urethrafor a bit. If helps dissolve those irritants so they can escape.

If warm water irritates or hurts (like if you have a nerve thing), cool or cold water can work too, but it should be too cold. It means you'll have to hold the cloth on a little longer, but that's not so bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back