• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Natural Disaster Rain and wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Where I live we are close to a river and under a flood watch as this latest storm hits our area. There is a big drain right outside my window. Heavy winds can break branches off the trees and block the flow of the water as it escapes down the drain. I keep watch on it, to see that it does not clog! If it did, my apartment would flood. There has been a major flood here years back, so really, it is a real danger.

Prayers welcome!

I like actual disasters (as opposed I guess to the trauma disasters always in my mind) like snowstorms and other weather events. We have them here often. (I live on the coast) We had historic flooding this year, and the whole town practically went under water. I feel "in the fight" at times like that and forgiven for my failures in other areas (real or imagined,) I use those events like a temporary respite from reality.

Lots more rain and wind today, which knocked over my tomato plant. No real damage done to it. It is a hearty soul! Quiet out there now, so I dared to log on. I do not want to be caught online if the power goes out! This baby is wired, not wifi. So I have to be careful.

Someone in the area apparently saw a trailer or something of the sort floating down one of our rivers. This was one of those things that was passed through a half dozen people before it got to me, so that may not be correct. One thing is for sure, it most likely was NOT a houseboat.

On this subject I have to watch YouTube everyday now for volcano updates. Remember the old song? "I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows." Well, lots of people on the big island know now. I'm afraid the whole thing is going to explode and leave a semi circle in the ocean where island he used to be. Especially now because the original crater which has been active all these years is now sealed up, which happend just in the last few days. Or, the active part of the volcano could just have moved down to where it's erupting now. I know if it was me I'd want to get off the island and if I were there in my current financial situation I probably wouldn't be able to leave. Can you imagine having to run away from paradise? (I'm a surfer). I'll say a prayer for them. I hope the eruption quiets down, but I don't have a good feeling about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back