• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ran into someone related to abusers, who was involved sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defaultxlove

MyPTSD Pro
Caused nearly hour long panic attack. Is that possible?

Im so pissed off.

I feel nauseous and i really need encouragement i havent talked to my T in a little bit due to schedule change

Its so so so so so so so so so so so hard to move my body right now.

Uggh, you poor thing! Listen to yourself and follow what it needs. It goes without saying you have removed yourself from them and are in safe place now? Just take it easy for the rest of the day and be kind to yourself.
Take care.

Easily.

It took a few hundred panic attacks before I got most of them in the seconds to minutes range. Ditto to reduce the recovery time from hours and days to non-existent. That’s one of the few upsides to symptoms happening all day, every day; the ability to really learn how to deal with them in the swiftest & most effective way possible.

When I’m only having a few panic attacks here & there? <low whistle> It’s like getting dropped off a cliff, rather than an easily recovered from trip over a curb, and continue walking with barely any time lost, or physical/emotional side effects. My first panic attack in years I lost IDFK how much time to in the moment, and 3 days to recovering from it.

Long or short, though? They’re all temporary. Which is pretty durn cool.

Last edited:
i think of my panic attacks as escalating and/or spinning off into other symptoms, but however you frame the time lost, my episodes can last far longer than an hour.

steadying support while you process the blast from the past. easy does it.

Thank you guys for responding to me...i am at the Dr's right now. They seem a little troubled by my symptoms...maybe I feel like I'm a burden. I feel shakes and weepy and sick. I like everyone's input and welcome more as I still could use encouragement/other perspectives.

be gentle with yourself and patient with the process. you don't say which kind doctor you are with, but not too many members of the medical community are equipped to deal with ptsd symptoms. be gentle and patient with them, as well. keep venting and sorting here while you ride it out.

for what it's worth
a blast from the past of that magnitude has been known to have me cycling for weeks.

I'm pretty frozen still. Made headway with some physical relief but also my Dr increased my blood pressure medicine maybe that's why. I want to ask more questions about some things you guys said but I feel frozen. I had therapy yesterday and today and trying a week out. I don't know why but I have this urge to take some space from my therapist with the option to meet sooner if I need to of course, but that I am really searching for some things and sometimes I need to be alone and thats the only way it comes out. Wow this feels good. But anyways whats the best thing to do when frozen without even identifying why exactly. But feels like it could be from any of the things going on. Does any of this make sense to you?

yes, lovee, it makes sense to me, but i wouldn't even try to explain it to someone who has never been there. some things can only be understood through personal experience i wouldn't wish on my nastiest enemy.

whats the best thing to do when frozen without even identifying why exactly. But feels like it could be from any of the things going on.

i do nothing but let myself process when i'm boxed into this psychotic corner. should i mention that nothing is the hardest thing you can ask me to do? i'm more human doing than human being, but, hard as it is, in cases like this one, doing nothing has proven to be the best thing for me to do. i would put cancelling the therapy appointment as doing something i am glad i didn't. discussing a sequence of events like this one with my therapists provided me with allot of extra insight on what i was experiencing.

Im so pissed off.

I feel nauseous and i really need encouragement i havent talked to my T in a little bit due to schedule change

Its so so so so so so so so so so so hard to move my body right now.
Yes...i had panic attacks everyday 3 months..its can be really bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back