• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Random Good Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

Sponsor
As it says, feel free to talk about any random good memory you like.

I'll go first. Remembering an Indian cookbook i bought when I was around 18. I worked in the customer service department of an industrial laundry. It was my first full time job, gotten very easily as I recall. It was only the 3rd job I applied for I think.

Someone visited reception one day, taking orders for books. And I chose an Indian recipe book.

It had great recipes in, I used to make vegetable samosas from it all the time. - I was a vegetarian from 12 till 21. They were delicious samosas,

I remember one time making them for a kind of house party we did when I lived at the YWCA. Everyone was to cook something to bring. I was really quite happy there. It was a hostel with around 50 people living there. And that ready made community kind of made up for my lack of skill in making friends. I loved living that way, in a community but your own space to withdraw to.

I'd love to make them again. I remember the pastry was made from gram flour and they were stuffed with onions potatoes n peas. But I don't have the book anymore.

I shall try to recreate them :)

I remember walking in tall grass with the wind blowing softly across the field and thinking, 'I am a part of the beauty of all creation.' It was a beautiful summer day during my childhood when it was just me and my "Creator", surrounded by the cool breeze and blanketed by clear blue skies. Before PTSD and the damage abuse had done had set in. ie; when I still felt young, free, and innocent. (I had not really reflected on this memory before now).

Where I grew up, there was a waterfall that emptied into a pond. The place was surrounded by woods. From our side, we had to climb down a cliff using some strong vines to get to a place where we could walk through the woods to get there. The place was so beautiful, it was well worth the risks to get there. There were craw fish in the stream that exited the pond. Turtles were in the pond too. We would take along a lunch in our pockets and spend our summer days there, listening to the bubbling waterfall. It was such a calming place that we could forget about all the bad stuff in our lives.

I use these memories for grounding these days.

Remembering visiting Sheringham on holiday in the evening on the way home from Wells next the sea. Was a spur of the moment decision to go, had no idea what to expect, just thought we'd have a quick wander around before it got dark.

We walked towards the sea from the car park, and you could hear it from a good distance away. The sound of the waves crashing on a steep pebble beach. Wad really hypnotic sound. Walked past the ramp the lifeboats launch from and onto the promenade. All sling the seafront, that hypnotic noise and watching the water crash, a man feeding the seagulls his chips by throwing them up in the air, the art all along the seafront.

Then there was a sunset 🥰

20200917_200358.jpg

Was just a magical couple hours, nice to remember something good from 2020

As it says, feel free to talk about any random good memory you like.

I'll go first. Remembering an Indian cookbook i bought when I was around 18. I worked in the customer service department of an industrial laundry. It was my first full time job, gotten very easily as I recall. It was only the 3rd job I applied for I think.

Someone visited reception one day, taking orders for books. And I chose an Indian recipe book.

It had great recipes in, I used to make vegetable samosas from it all the time. - I was a vegetarian from 12 till 21. They were delicious samosas,

I remember one time making them for a kind of house party we did when I lived at the YWCA. Everyone was to cook something to bring. I was really quite happy there. It was a hostel with around 50 people living there. And that ready made community kind of made up for my lack of skill in making friends. I loved living that way, in a community but your own space to withdraw to.

I'd love to make them again. I remember the pastry was made from gram flour and they were stuffed with onions potatoes n peas. But I don't have the book anymore.

I shall try to recreate them :)
If you search hard enough, bet there are close recipes online. ;)

Remembering visiting Sheringham on holiday in the evening on the way home from Wells next the sea. Was a spur of the moment decision to go, had no idea what to expect, just thought we'd have a quick wander around before it got dark.

We walked towards the sea from the car park, and you could hear it from a good distance away. The sound of the waves crashing on a steep pebble beach. Wad really hypnotic sound. Walked past the ramp the lifeboats launch from and onto the promenade. All sling the seafront, that hypnotic noise and watching the water crash, a man feeding the seagulls his chips by throwing them up in the air, the art all along the seafront.

Then there was a sunset 🥰

View attachment 59365

Was just a magical couple hours, nice to remember something good from 2020
That's a stunning photo @Teasel!! Really wow!

My random good memory is when I did my gcse music qualification. I composed, arranged and wrote all the music. 4 songs and a drum solo. Played all the instruments myself and produced it myself. I had a great time doing that.

Another random good memory was going sailing with my dad and then friend when I was about 15/16. We hired a 26 ft sailing boat and sailed around the Norfolk broads. Nice! I love sailing.

My random good memory today is of me and my sister playing as kids. Getting up early on Saturday morning to have a bowl of cereal and watch cartoons till early afternoon when we would find other ways of occupying ourselves. Making table forts and playing games of hide-and-seek, etc. We would even run to race around the house to see who was fastest.

When we ran out of things to do we took canned goods and stacked them up and rolled a Hi-C can down the hallway to bowl down the triangle of cans. We made our own fun. These really were the best memories I have of my childhood and of my baby sister. It is random because so many of these memories were once lost to me buried beneath multiple traumas and lost blocks of time. As I recovered from the bad memories I recovered and remembered me and my sister...such happy memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back