• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

re-contacting my abuser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy to hear this you sound like you’re excited to get help and you want to get help and I can attest to feeling the same way. Writing about any sort of events or feelings during those times I found very therapeutic. You’re taking control and that’s amazing. Keep that attitude up! ☺️

I thought about writing a piece related to suicide as well. It would be about my ex constantly threatening suicide to keep me trapped. I don’t know if it will be a venting piece or part of my journal or an open discussion.

i’m not a great writer, so I feel like I end up riding writing things that people have a hard time commenting on or maybe I’m being too hard on myself and not giving people long enough time to comment …I can be impatient sometimes lol.

Anyway, it’s great to hear all these positives, keep it up. I’m sure we’ll talk again on here soon

I think it’s like an impulse to “slay the dragon”.
Thinking of you just now. Do you know that abuse knows no socio economic status? I had a radio talk show years ago and interviewed domestic violence victims and therapists one session. One woman’s husband was a choir Director, doctors, lawyers, trades people, across all racial boundaries. The percentage at that time was 30%. There are many women trapped due to finances or children and see no way out. It is an opportunity now for you to go forward and I am so glad you are thinking of getting support. You will never be sorry you took these steps. Do not be surprised that as you gain knowledge and strength and a sense of autonomy that he might pursue you. Be so strong and having support locally will be the best step you can take. I am signing off as you should see the bumps on my forehead from reaching out and learning the hard way! Best to you.

Thinking of you just now. Do you know that abuse knows no socio economic status? I had a radio talk show years ago and interviewed domestic violence victims and therapists one session. One woman’s husband was a choir Director, doctors, lawyers, trades people, across all racial boundaries. The percentage at that time was 30%. There are many women trapped due to finances or children and see no way out. It is an opportunity now for you to go forward and I am so glad you are thinking of getting support. You will never be sorry you took these steps. Do not be surprised that as you gain knowledge and strength and a sense of autonomy that he might pursue you. Be so strong and having support locally will be the best step you can take. I am signing off as you should see the bumps on my forehead from reaching out and learning the hard way! Best to you.
I think it is an impulse to deny your reality and think it might have been you who had the problem.

There are many women trapped due to finances or children and see no way out. It is an opportunity now for you to go forward and I am so glad you are thinking of getting support. You will never be sorry you took these steps.
My ex-husband made lower/middling 6 figures on the books, lower to middling 7 figures off the books.

It wasn’t money that kept us trapped. It was psychopathy.

My ex-husband made lower/middling 6 figures on the books, lower to middling 7 figures off the books.

It wasn’t money that kept us trapped. It was psychopathy.
That is a tough disorder and abusers do fall within those parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back